HELP: messed up Cydia, iPad 2

andwan0

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I have iPad 2 3G, Version 4.3.3 (8J2), Carrier 10.0, Modem Firmware 04.10.01

Upon purchase I immediately jail broke it via jailbreakme.com website and it installs Cydia. I installed some extra programs via Cydia (Python, unix core utils, ssh, sed, grep, etc.)

Then I decided to free up some space and "removed" programs via Cydia, starting from apt-get, whilst ignoring the warning message.

Now Cydia has disappeared. Was apt-get part of original iPad OS itself? I would like to clean reinstall cydia.

I tried jailbreakme website but it says it cannot jailbreak (coz it's already jail broken) I tried manually installing apt-get.deb / curl.deb / cydia.deb (via /private/var/stash ) but I just get errors. So am wondering how to clean install cydia again.. or should I restore the iOS 4.3.3? If I do restore 4.3.3, will I lose my 04.10.01 baseband?

Last edited:

andwan0

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Too late now. I decided to do a blind restore using iTunes to 5.0.1. But not even that helped! I keep on getting "The iPad "iPad" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (21)."

My iPad2 is fubared. Throw away in trash.

:~~~-( long live PC

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Too late now. I decided to do a blind restore using iTunes to 5.0.1. But not even that helped! I keep on getting "The iPad "iPad" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (21)."

I'll buy it off you for 100 bucks :)

sprmx199

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

If you are trying to do a fresh install and have tiny umbrella, you have to change a setting in TU to allow the clean restore.

I don't have my Mac on right now but as soon as I get a chance I will look to see what setting it is.

Hope this helps, Ray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snownation

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
You cant jailbreak the ipad 2 yet.

This guy wins the rtard of the year award.

Back to the problem.
Try restoring your iPad under DFU mode any try again. Update your iTunes just beforehand. There is no reason why it shouldn't restore to stock no matter how fubar'ed it is. As long as it powers on, it's restorable.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site

If you saved the SHSH blobs, you will be able to downgrade to 4.3.3 using TinyUmbrella. Unfortunately, if you didn't save the SHSH blogs, you are stuck at 5.0.1 which doesn't have a jailbreak out yet.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2