Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

120 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts

Default jailbreak + icloud What to expect?

I'm pretty excited to jailbreak my iphone 4 this evening, but I am wondering how this will affect my backups in icloud?

I have been using icloud to backup all of my data, including most of the data within all of my apps. What I am wondering is if this will continue to function normally. Say if I have trouble with my phone in the coming weeks, and want to wipe and restore from icloud backup (to an un-jailbroken phone), will the jailbreak data affect this? I don't want to lose any data in the process of jailbreaking, possibly wiping the phone in a month or two, and restoring all the data contained in icloud.

Can anyone shed some light on this, will everything function normally? Thanks in advance!
    iMore Intermediate

362 Posts
    Global Posts
    768 Global Posts

I have restored to stock from a backup of a jail broken device without issue. In fact later on when I re-jailbroke I was pleasantly surprised to see that after re-installed JB app, all my settings were saved.