5.0 Jailbreak problems need help!

keviny

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I recently just jailbroke my ipod touch 4. Cydia and all of my installed apps have been working perfectly fine, but there's a huge problem. I can't play any music or watch any of the videos previously saved on my ipod touch.
Whenever I select a song it either:
1. flashes the song description quickly, then reverts back to the playlist
2. begins to continuously cycle through my playlist endlessly

Whenever I select a file in the video section of my ipod, it once again flashes the play screen for a second, then immediantly reverts back to my playlist.

I used the latest version of redsnow (0.9.9b8) using the 5.0 firmware on an ipod touch updated to 5.0.1.

Is there anyway I can fix this? I've tried re-syncing and booting tethered a couple of times, all of which have failed to solve this problem.
Thanks!

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Do you have SBSetting installed? If so, use Mobile Substrate Addon to remove items one at a time and I'd recommend starting with the last item installed first. This should help you identify if an app or tweak is causing this issue.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
What j7469 said! Start removing jailbreak apps one by one until you get your iPod working again.
Another thing you could do is to make a list of all the apps, remove Mobile Substrate (which will remove all your apps as well) and then start adding them back one at a time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2