"Relative_Date_Past_Hour" in Notification Center???

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I notice that every time I jailbreak my iPhone 4 in iOS 5 or higher, I get the above instead of the actual date and time of an alert in Notification Center. Does anyone know why and what can be done to correct this?

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Do you see the correct time before jailbreaking? If so, we'll need a full list of your jailbreak apps/tweaks.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Do you see the correct time before jailbreaking? If so, we'll need a full list of your jailbreak apps/tweaks.

Yes, everything is fine before jail breaking and adding cydia apps. I've added: my3g, ,respring,fakecarrier,mxtube,cydelete, tetherme, weekillbackground,appscenter for notification center,omnistat for notification center, respring for notification center, istrings, semitether

Sent from my VZW iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I would try removing all addons for Notification Center and see if that fixes the problem ( I'm 85% certain it will). After that start adding them back one at a time and checking to see which one will conflict with the time stamp.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I would try removing all addons for Notification Center and see if that fixes the problem ( I'm 85% certain it will). After that start adding them back one at a time and checking to see which one will conflict with the time stamp.

Cool, just did that. Now waiting for a notification lol. If this hasn't fixed it, I guess the next thing to try, is to do a full restore, then re-jailbreak it, and install the Notification addons one by one, and see which causes it. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Cool, just did that. Now waiting for a notification lol. If this hasn't fixed it, I guess the next thing to try, is to do a full restore, then re-jailbreak it, and install the Notification addons one by one, and see which causes it. Thanks.

Try sending yourself an email (assuming you've set it to show up in Notification Center). If you see a correct time stamp on it in Notification Center, then regular notifications should be fine as well.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Try sending yourself an email (assuming you've set it to show up in Notification Center). If you see a correct time stamp on it in Notification Center, then regular notifications should be fine as well.

The problem only seems to happen with 3rd party apps. Emails always worked fine. I just tried it after removing all notification add on jailbreak tweaks, and it still has the same problem. Now, I guess I'll do a full restore, then re-jailbreak later tonight, and re-add each jailbreak tweak, one by one to find the problem. I'll letcha know what happens.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok here's an update. This is a real problem. It doesn't seem to be caused by any Cydia apps in particular. It happens once mobile substrate has been installed or updated and the phone has been rebooted. When I first install apps, the problem doesn't exist. However, I have to install or update Mobile Substrate with a reboot to get all apps working. And when I do that, that's when I get the error. Anyone have any solutions?

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This is extremely weird... Tell us a bit more about the phone: is it on an official carrier? What JB tools do you use?

Edit: The version of Mobile Substrate that comes with SemiTether is a beta since it's been completely rewritten and not fully tested. If you've installed SemiTether, try removing Mobile Substrate (this will remove all tweaks as well). After that try installing the publicly available version (by installing a tweak other than SemiTether).

Last edited:

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
im using iphone4 on at&t ios 5.0
with many third party apps.
installed cnn to see what happens.

everything so far works just fine for me. (waiting for a cnn update)

jailbroken with redsnow .0.9b i believe.

will update when i wake up.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
This is extremely weird... Tell us a bit more about the phone: is it on an official carrier? What JB tools do you use?

Edit: The version of Mobile Substrate that comes with SemiTether is a beta since it's been completely rewritten and not fully tested. If you've installed SemiTether, try removing Mobile Substrate (this will remove all tweaks as well). After that try installing the publicly available version (by installing a tweak other than SemiTether).

Yep, it's a Verizon IPhone 4, I have been using redsn0w, all of the last 3 current versions. Yes, the issue usually starts right after I install Semi tether, with the mobile substrate. Is there a way to get tweaks working without mobile substrate at all? I've also tried a full restore, and setting up as new. What I will try next, is jail breaking, and seeing if it will let me install mobile substrate first......and then each tweak. And I probably won't install semi tether at all.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Mobile Substrate is the platform most tweaks run on, so there's no way to go without Mobile Substrate. Try using the phone without SemiTether. The untethered jailbreak is coming soon.

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Yep no problems here with CNN. Maybe it's just a glitch and will work
Out if you restore clean and re
Jailbreak

c6e4c244-5604-e654.jpg

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok guys, I found the issue(s). After many, many, many, many restores lol, I've isolated the issue to istrings. What I've done is to install mobile substrate first, then reboot, then install semitether and the updated mobile subtrate, then everything else, and it has been fine....once I stopped installing istrings.
Thanks for all of the responses and suggestions.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2