How do you undo your jailbreak

jafa666

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I;m new to jailbreaking and I guess I did something wrong and now my iphone4 won't turn back on. Does anyone know the steps I need to do to get phone back to original mode?

Thanks for anyones help with this.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
If it's on 5.0 or 5.0.1 you have to boot tethered. You should try that before restoring, that may be all you need.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Reactions: jafa666

KnightWing

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
People here say just restore...however, I talked to an Apple employee, and a DFU mode restore cleans out the system better than just a typical restore. I also would not recommend you restore from a backup.

To place your iDevice in DFU mode, hold your power and home button simultaneously while your iDevice is connected to your computer via a USB cord. When the screen shuts off, count from 0 to 5, then let go of the power button only (top right button), and hold your home button until your computer reads that it has an iDevice attached to it. Now, go and do a restore via iTunes.

Reactions: jafa666
Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
People here say just restore...however, I talked to an Apple employee, and a DFU mode restore cleans out the system better than just a typical restore. I also would not recommend you restore from a backup.

To place your iDevice in DFU mode, hold your power and home button simultaneously while your iDevice is connected to your computer via a USB cord. When the screen shuts off, count from 0 to 5, then let go of the power button only (top right button), and hold your home button until your computer reads that it has an iDevice attached to it. Now, go and do a restore via iTunes.

So does it really matter if u undo it as a restore or do a dfu restore?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

A restore is a restore. It wipes it clean whether regular or DFU. DFU is only required if iTunes is not recognizing the phone or when the restore/upgrade is not working and DFU helps force it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73