Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kch50428
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Default "profiles" Like the blackberry has

I'm currently using "My Profiles" on my jailbroken 4.3 IP4. The programmer will not be upgrading for IOS5, and I'm looking for an app that will support the same functions with IOS5. With the profiles app, I can specify Ring, vibrate, but I can also set custom modes so, for example in my "sleep" mode, The only way my phone with make a sound or vibrate would be by a phone call. All my texts and notifications are silenced. This is a pretty critical app, as I recieve texts 24/7 from the Fire Department. This is pretty much the ONLY thing I miss from having my blackberry.

If anyone knows of something similar or better PLEASE let me know.

Global Posts
    11,884 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Wow... MyProfiles is one of two things that might have got me to jailbreak when an untethered jailbreak became available - and MyProfiles was about the only good program out there that did what I wanted it to... well ****....
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates

Global Posts
    3,385 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Maybe the developer knows something that we don't. That apple finally realizes we all want this and it will be added to future update. Dare to dream.

Global Posts
    11,884 Global Posts
    iOS Version

The only thing I still miss about my BB Tour is the "bedside mode"... I set it to only ring for calls - all other alert/notification noises were silenced... getting that back in a stock OS would be cool. The other thing I'd jailbreak for when untethered is out is iBlacklist.
    CashV likes this.

Global Posts
    3,385 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I miss the profiles too. Really surprised it has to be a jailbreak app in the first place.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    iOS Version

That's the exact reason why I'd like an app like that... Texts from the fire department and rescue squad. Is jailbreaking the only option? And it doesn't sound like its even an option anymore.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Anyone??? anyone?? Now that the untethered is out I want to jailbreak, but don't know if I want to give up this app!
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Ischeduler has something CLOSE but not exact... You might want to look into it
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    The only thing I still miss about my BB Tour is the "bedside mode"... I set it to only ring for calls - all other alert/notification noises were silenced... getting that back in a stock OS would be cool. The other thing I'd jailbreak for when untethered is out is iBlacklist.
    You state-The other thing I'd jailbreak for when untethered is out is iBlacklist.

I finally did my first jailbreak on my iPhone4s on 5.1.1. The main reason was to get iBlacklist. I downloaded and found out the free app allows only 2 numbers. Clicked on to purchase upgrade and a cost of $12.00 appeared.
    Online I then saw past costs of $1.50, and $8.00?? Are they raising the price every week?

Global Posts
    11,884 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by jerry5k View Post
    You state-The other thing I'd jailbreak for when untethered is out is iBlacklist.
    ... Are they raising the price every week?
    I have no idea. I bought it shortly after getting my original iPhone4... then stayed stock on the 4S until now... and iBlacklist was still among my purchased packages in Cydia and downloaded it again.

Revised: iBlacklist just updated for me via Cydia for what that's worth...
    Last edited by kch50428; 05-29-2012 at 10:57 AM. Reason: revised
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'm still trying to find a way to make make SBSchedule work decently enough on iOS 5. I really miss my profile apps!

Sent from my Verizon 4G iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Verizon iPhone 4S white 32gb
    Verizon iPad black 64gb + 4g
    16gb white WiFi iPad 2
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts

not sure if "Do Not Disturb" has been updated for 5.1.x or if it still works like it did on 5.0.1

but it adds a simple button to the notification center. slide that on and you receive no sounds/banners. but will receive phone calls.

i also would like a profile type app. none of them have been updated for 5.x
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Ischeduler has been updated recently and it has a plethora of option for sounds under its profiles settings everyone looking for a profiles app should check it out!!!!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I can happily say that SBSchedule actually worked on my phone last night! It did crash a few times while setting up the profiles, but I got no push notifications or push emails last night - and they all started coming in when my morning profile kicked in. Yay!!

Sent from my Verizon 4G iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Verizon iPhone 4S white 32gb
    Verizon iPad black 64gb + 4g
    16gb white WiFi iPad 2