• Yes. on IOS 4

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No, Pure. And still waiting.

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

mwohrlin

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I miss mine. I tried the tethered jailbreak and its just too much of a hassle IMHO. Still waiting for an untethered version for IOS 5. It has been taking a bit longer than I originally thought. It looks like the IOS programmers have figured out how to stump the JB developers. Will Jailbreaking be a thing of the past? Time will tell.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Thread Author, you say the tethered process was "too much of a hassle" but i am going to go out on a limb and say that you probably do not completely understand how it works. people should be thankful there are at least the tethered jailbreaks. what if Untethered Jailbreaks do become a thing of the past? thanks to the semi-tethered tweak it has changed my thinking completely. people just really need to read, study and actually give it some hands on before they give it up so easily

hints/suggestions for anyone considering going with a tethered JB:

• don't let your battery die (duh)

• only tweak your device when you are near your computer so you can reboot (tethered) when needed

• investigate your apps/tweaks before loading (ask here if you need to) this seems to be one of the biggest culprits. some JB apps/tweaks just are not ready for iOS 5, amazingly enough, and WILL cause your device to get wompy AND even on an Untethered device

• remember, most JB apps/tweaks will only require a respring, which is entirely different than a reboot

• lastly: install the Semi-Tethered tweak! this will let you boot into a state to where you can still use most of your native apps, some jailbroken, and then you can tether boot whenever you can. when just tethered and your device reboots you would have to wait until you could do a tethered reboot before you could use the device again

*a lot of people are not even bothered with being jailbroken in a typical tethered jailbreak because they have access to a computer at will

i am tethered/semi-tethered and could care less when an Untethered is released. anyone else that is tethered please feel free to add to my suggestions, surely i missed something..

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
When I had my 4, and upgraded to 5.0 I went tethered, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I really wish that there would be a tethered JB for the 4S. I would do it in a heart beat.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk