OpenNotifier for iOS 5

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Wondering if anyone is up for an experiment...earlier tonight the dev for OpenNotifier (used for status bar notifications in iOS 4) tweeted this:

the dylib on github works on iOS 5 fyi

and mentioned using that dylib to update the iOS 4 version...I think I know how to do that, but am wondering if anyone with a little more experience/knowledge of these things would be interested in trying it out? Or if anyone might offer any insight on the best way to do it?

Here is the link to the github, where everything can be downloaded as a .zip:
https://github.com/n00neimp0rtant/OpenNotifier
and the current OpenNotifier deb can be downloaded via modmyi here:
Index of /pool/main/c/com.n00neimp0rtant.opennotifier/

If it works, we've got status bar notifications back for iOS 5!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
how soon until he updates this in Cydia?

my ideal setup consists of using Popup Blocker as well and obviously that's slow goings

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I wondered that too?the github update was a month ago?but they haven't given any official word. I wish I were a bit more sure of my skills...

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I've been waiting for ON to be update for iOS 5!!! It's been driving me nuts not knowing whether or not I have new notifications..

Not sure I know how to make those mods though, I'll wait til it hits Cydia.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
yes, OpenNotifier gives you statusbar notifications for all the other notifications and app specific

for example: the one for ESPN Scorecenter would have the ESPN logo as the statusbar icon, Facebook would have the FB logo etc...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
definitely. the only problem, if i remember correctly, is you had go into the notifying app to remove the statusbar icon. so the scenario of getting repeat alerts without knowing is a possibility. assuming you miss the alert tone and have ISX or LI hidden

hopefully with ISX they will get dismissed after being viewed in the NC, or have the option at least

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't even need the app-specific icons. Just give me ONE icon for general notifications and I'll be overjoyed. There must be someone here with a bit of dev knowledge who could pack up the required files from my first post...I gave it a go using iDeb but I'm not confident enough to load anything onto my device just yet.

BLiNK: don't know if you saw, but it looks like Ashman is about wrapped up with the LI update; hopefully he'll be moving on to Popup Blocker soon.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
agreed with the ONE icon. regarding finding someone here to do the "experiment", unfortunately this may be be the wrong place. i have found most jailbreak members here like to dabble but that's about where it stops. have you tried another forum?

you'd have to think if LI is almost ready so would Popup Blocker since it is built into LI. oh well, thanks for the heads up!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I put it out there on a few sites but nobody seems able or willing to help. It's kind of frustrating because I know all the necessary components are right there, but I don't have the knowledge to make it work.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
True...it's funny, at this point I've put together a package that I _think_ would work, but I decided to just wait anyway. (Mine would require a Terminal installation, which I'm not really familiar with and don't feel like screwing up.)

Glad he's working on it!

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
You can use 7zip to extract it to a win rar format replace the files and the repackage. I am working on that now.

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
got it extracted now working on trying to get the new dylib compiled as the git hub does not seem to be compiled yet

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Great! I was able to figure out the first part of that but was getting stuck on how to compile the dylib from what was available at github (wasn't sure if all those files--Tweak.xm, the .plist, etc--were part of the dylib). If/when you're done, would you mind giving me a quick rundown on how to do that?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW