CallBar 1.0

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
CallBar 1.0 is AWESOME! the 'Dialer Activation Method' feature is sweet!

go to the link above for the changelog and added features. i'll add them to this post later

Code:
Changes made on 1.0:
- Added option to answer telephony calls in-place
- Added methods and UI for handling telephony calls in-place
- Added dial-out option using callbar (Assign an activator action to 
  bring down callbar and dial a new number)
- Removed answer-decline buttons, you now answer by swiping right and 
  decline by swiping left on callbar.
- Added tap to show/hide in-call buttons. Tap callbar while in an active call to trigger.
- Added tap to open related call application. Tap the application icon on the left.
- Removed silence button, you now silence the call using the sleep button. (as for native calls)
- Added dial-out buttons : Favorites, Recents, Contacts, Keypad
- Added the following call management buttons: Mute , Speaker , Add Call, Keypad , 
  Bluetooth , Hold Call, Swap Calls, Merge Calls.
- Callbar is now aware of a second incoming call and allows call-swapping/merging.
- The keypad can be used for both sending DTMF tones while in a call or dialing out a number when idle.
- Fixed several bugs.
- Improved memory usage.
- Removed methods for ringing applications (Anyring, ToneFXs etc) . 
  We now provide an API for developers for this.
- Improved UI and graphics experience
- Added application for managing settings.

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
during the creation of this major update the Devs worked with compatibility on the bigger well known apps out there. now they are working on the minor issues that people are tweeting to them. i have had no issues at all but i imagine jailbreakers who have the right, or wrong, setup are what is causing issues. not CallBar itself

for example; i cannot use the 'Dialer Activation Method' while ISX is showing on the lockscreen but if i swipe ISX away it works perfectly. they are looking into this and many others. there should be an update coming soon

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
during the creation of this major update the Devs worked with compatibility on the bigger well known apps out there. now they are working on the minor issues that people are tweeting to them. i have had no issues at all but i imagine jailbreakers who have the right, or wrong, setup are what is causing issues. not CallBar itself

for example; i cannot use the 'Dialer Activation Method' while ISX is showing on the lockscreen but if i swipe ISX away it works perfectly. they are looking into this and many others. there should be an update coming soon

BLINK, I haven't installed the new CallBar yet and I do not have passcode active... if I swipe ISX away, then my iPhone is basically on wherever I left it but I'm NOT on the lockscreen anymore. Do you have passcode lock on? If not, then by "swipe ISX away" does that mean that your iPhone is then fully on and NOT in the lockscreen any longer or am I misinterpreting? Just wondering if the idea of initiating a call without actually going past lockscreen is not functional yet if I have ISX...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
my apologies; when i mentioned swipe ISX away i meant swipe up so the default lockscreen is visible. not unlock the lockscreen. the 'Dialer Activation Method' works perfectly with the default lockscreen but not, as of now, when ISX is visible. i do not use passcode

also i would like to add that the more i have been using CallBar today the more i realize how convenient it is becoming. in fact, once the ISX compatibility issue is resolved i may consider hiding my default Phone.app from my homescreen

Reactions: talkin73

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
my apologies; when i mentioned swipe ISX away i meant swipe up so the default lockscreen is visible. not unlock the lockscreen. the 'Dialer Activation Method' works perfectly with the default lockscreen but not, as of now, when ISX is visible. i do not use passcode

also i would like to add that the more i have been using CallBar today the more i realize how convenient it is becoming. in fact, once the ISX compatibility issue is resolved i may consider hiding my default Phone.app from my homescreen

Thanks for clarifying. That is helpful. I'm also really liking the dialer activation and the convenience of this. Essentially, CallBar v1 is any "anywhere" phone application that works within any other app. It seems bonkers Apple couldn't implement this, but I guess I could say that about a laundry list of other JB apps. Anticipate it being incorporated as a "new feature" in iOS6 :D

When I do dialer activation and see my favorites, some of them have text in the name that overlaps with the type of phone number (home, mobile, etc). Seems easy enough to fix maybe I should post on their Twitter?

Agree that it will replace my Phone app as preferred initiate/receive of phone calls and that ISX compatibility is the only notable issue I have.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
v1.0-3 coming soon

CallBar 1.0-3 ,fixes yesterday's reported issue with "LED Flash on Alert" , added Voicemail button, fixed status bar touches; adds ability to see dialed number when in a call, improved Favorites/Recents views, custom vibrations support, texttone bug fixed.

looks like a good update is coming

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
CallBar with ISX

v1.0-3 is now out but still does not allow you to access the 'Dialer Activation Method' while using ISX

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
v1.0-3 is now out but still does not allow you to access the 'Dialer Activation Method' while using ISX

Disappointing. I haven't installed anything else since CallBar 1.0 and after updating today to 1.0-3 trying to dial out using Favorites locks up phone requiring a reboot. Did a non-tethered boot just to get home to computer. Did a tethered boot and tried again, but problem persists. Since I have no other new apps, problem is easily isolated to CallBar because dialing using Favorite worked in v1.0. Bummer.

Is there a way to revert to the previous version?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Disappointing. I haven't installed anything else since CallBar 1.0 and after updating today to 1.0-3 trying to dial out using Favorites locks up phone requiring a reboot. Did a non-tethered boot just to get home to computer. Did a tethered boot and tried again, but problem persists. Since I have no other new apps, problem is easily isolated to CallBar because dialing using Favorite worked in v1.0. Bummer.

Is there a way to revert to the previous version?

this morning was the first time i used Favorites within CallBar since the latest update and it did the exact same thing as you described. luckily i have semi-tether installed so i was able to reboot and use my phone for a very important phone call. then i was able to do a tethered reboot when i could

i am going to remove CallBar until this issue is fixed

edit: the only way i know of going back to previous versions would be getting a hold of the desired .deb file and manually installing

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

i'd like to clarify that the 'Dialer Activation Method' does work while in ISX, just not with any statusbar gestures since apparently ISX overrides anything else within the statusbar

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
this morning was the first time i used Favorites within CallBar since the latest update and it did the exact same thing as you described. luckily i have semi-tether installed so i was able to reboot and use my phone for a very important phone call. then i was able to do a tethered reboot when i could

i am going to remove CallBar until this issue is fixed

edit: the only way i know of going back to previous versions would be getting a hold of the desired .deb file and manually installing

I tweeted them about this issue and looks like it's a known problem from what I read. I actually decided to leave it installed and just not use the Favorites as dialing through any other method with dialer activation works fine, issue is only if you bring up favorites AND press on one of them to try and dial. If you press favorites and then cancel, no problems. Dialing by contact, recent, calling voicemail all work fine. Every other aspect of the app is fine as well. So, I can live without favorites dialing til they fix it for all the goodies that it brings :D

I've never messed with the .deb files so I'll steer clear and just wait on the fix :eek:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
v1.0-4

v1.0-4 is out now AND Favorites works again. yay!

v 1.0-4
- Fixed a critical issue with Favorites button on the dialer.
- Fixed voicemail button not trying to open visual voicemail where applicable, but actually dialing the voicemail number.
- Fixed some reported issues with lockscreen dim timer.
- Fixed a reported issue with lock button pressed while in a call not locking the phone

jackie treehorn

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
fixed a couple of issuses on my end with this update. Now I'm just waiting on iblacklist support and we'll be good to go. I did get a hold of josh on that on twitter and he said they are working to get compatibility with that. He was super quick in the reply. I really like the devs behind this app. I wish more were like them!

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
i wish there was a visual voicemail feature. if there is then i am completely overlooking it

I'm pretty sure I read a tweet from @limneos stating it was only for calling your voicemail right now. I didn't see anything about bringing up visual voicemail. If they added that then this app would be an on-demand phone app anywhere, anytime. It's so good right now I hardly care, but if I never had to use the phone app again, even for visual voicemail, that would be very nice.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I read a tweet from @limneos stating it was only for calling your voicemail right now. I didn't see anything about bringing up visual voicemail. If they added that then this app would be an on-demand phone app anywhere, anytime. It's so good right now I hardly care, but if I never had to use the phone app again, even for visual voicemail, that would be very nice.

you are correct. i also did see that @joshmtucker mention that they are working on the visual voicemail feature so that's going to be great!

i now have my Phone.app hidden in a folder and use gestures only for phone features

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
v1.0-5

1.0-5 out today. fixed a couple of issues i was having AND a pretty cool swipe up feature while in a call

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2