Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default Missing Icons after Boot Tethered on Redsn0w_win_0.9.9b8

I have bee trying to find a solution in the forums and have foung it. I was hoping for you guys to help me.

I have IP4 Ios5.

I jailbroke using Redsn0w_win_0.9.9b8, rebooted tethered, ran cydia and the phone rebooted. Tried "Boot Tethered" and lost all my native apps. Have been trying to "boot tethered" several times and nothing....

Please help!!!
    iMore Beginner

84 Posts
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts

Same thing happened to me I ended up restoring my phone and rejailbreaking..
    iPhone Newbie

42 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jayblazer View Post
    Same thing happened to me I ended up restoring my phone and rejailbreaking..
    Think this is your only option at this point.
    iMore Intermediate

330 Posts
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

I have both a Mac and Windows machine. Before I sold my jailbroken 4.3.3 iphone to get a 4S, I was using iOS5 semi-tethered. I used redsn0w to jailbreak iOS5. I did notice that older redsn0w versions were buggy on Windows and I had better experiences using redsn0w on my Mac than Windows. If I am not mistaken, as I don't have the 4 anymore, you can re-jailbreak (install Cydia is checked) and then boot tethered again, it might work. I had to do this a few times when I was dealing with earlier versions of redsn0w. Good luck