Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default Downgrading 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 - keep settings?

Hi! New here, been a long time reader via RSS feeds and making my first post as I am trying to step into the Jail breaking Community.

I currently am running 4.3.5 on my iPhone 4 and I wish to jailbreak untethered.

However, I have all my text message history, call history, other misc settings as well as my apps, game progresses and folders that I have made that I do NOT want to loose nor do I want to resetup/reinstall manually. I know now if you do a update via itunes it puts everything back, you just updated your software and your device stays as is. Is this the same for downgrading?

I found some links in how to downgrade from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3, but I guess the question is if I downgrade from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 will I loose all this and essentially have to start from scratch? Will iTunes when doing the restore put all my apps, settings, etc back and visually I wouldn't notice a difference except the software would be 4.3.3 instead of 4.3.5 then I can jailbreak the iPhone?

Here is a thread I found on downgrading:
    I can't post links but if you google "how to downgrade iOS 4.3.5 to iOS 4.3.3 greenpoison" it will be the third link in the results.

If anyone has any alternative sites/suggestions please do share.

Thanks, I appreciate any help that can be given.
    iPhone Newbie

42 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

After a jailbreak I always do a fresh install of everything. Don't think keeping game progress is possible. Why would you jailbreak with GreenPoison? Use jailbreakme.com
    iMore Expert

877 Posts
    Global Posts
    881 Global Posts

I have never tried it, but it might be possible to use your 4.3.5 backup on 4.3.3. Worst case scenario, you'll have to reinstall and rejailbreak and start from scratch.