Clock Hide Update

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
From David Ashman's Twitter: Beta of ClockHide update for iOS5 on my source: apt.dba-tech.net/beta/. Tested on 4.3.3 and 5.0.0. Need feedback for other OSes.

Reactions: 3cit

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I only use ISX via the pull down shade, so I like to have my lockscreen clock hidden for use with themes, like this:

tumblr_lsgtrxvBpq1qi2s9m.jpg

And BIG NEWS: he just announced that Popup Blocker is out on the beta repo too. Go get it!

Reactions: 3cit

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I only use ISX via the pull down shade

i've been considering doing this method myself except Popup Blocker wasn't out, until now (beta of course), and no statusbar icon for the "other" notifications

do you happen to know of anything of the likes for iOS 5?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
i've been considering doing this method myself except Popup Blocker wasn't out, until now (beta of course), and no statusbar icon for the "other" notifications

do you happen to know of anything of the likes for iOS 5?

Not yet, but it's funny...I was looking for a solution to the "other" notifications problem when I saw his tweets about these. (BTW, WeatherIcon just got updated too; Ashman is on a tear!) I'll be sure to post if I find a solution...I was looking into OpenNotifier and similar apps but got off track with all this goodness.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
yeah OpenNotifier seemed pretty solid with 4.x.x

except if i remember correctly you had to actually go into the notifying app to remove the statusbar icon. hopefully ISX or PopupBlocker (home button dismiss) will work?

let me know what you find!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Will do. I always just used LockInfo for this (before ISX) so it's new territory to me. Maybe I'll try to get the ISX devs to add an icon instead...

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
From David Ashman's Twitter: Beta of ClockHide update for iOS5 on my source: apt.dba-tech.net/beta/. Tested on 4.3.3 and 5.0.0. Need feedback for other OSes.

Anyone test it on 5.01?

So far, it looks like everything that works with 5.0 works fine on 5.01 too..

Btw, we need some iOS 5 compatible locksceen themes, I tried one and it made my phone respring everytime I would pull down the notification center..:confused:

Edit: It works on 5.01

Last edited:

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
yeah OpenNotifier seemed pretty solid with 4.x.x

except if i remember correctly you had to actually go into the notifying app to remove the statusbar icon. hopefully ISX or PopupBlocker (home button dismiss) will work?

let me know what you find!

I've been hoping OpenNotifier would be updated for 5.X soon, it worked great and is really needed on 5.X since there's no statusbar icons.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Btw, we need some iOS 5 compatible locksceen themes, I tried one and it made my phone respring everytime I would pull down the notification center..:confused:

It seems like they can be pretty easy to update...for the most part it's just a matter of updating image names to reflect changes made in iOS 5. I updated Typophone 4 and iNaturr myself (Typophone has since had an update in Cydia that hides the lockscreen clock, but I think it might conflict with the Lockscreen Clock Hide update so I prefer to just use my manual version). Nothing has put me into Safe Mode or given me any respring issues though. What were you trying to run?

And if you're still looking for status bar icons, try IntelliScreenX or the LockInfo beta, both of which are working on iOS5.

Typophone 4:
9uEk1.jpg

iNaturr:
FG0j2.jpg

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
And one more I updated...you can't tell from the screenshot, but this one has a working seconds feature in the clock. Not sure what I'm going to do for the background yet, so I just tossed in a linen one to match the Notification Center background.

AsymmetricHD:
WehlI.jpg

The original background is in this thread.
GlLFW.jpg

Last edited:

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
It seems like they can be pretty easy to update...for the most part it's just a matter of updating image names to reflect changes made in iOS 5. I updated Typophone 4 and iNaturr myself (Typophone has since had an update in Cydia that hides the lockscreen clock, but I think it might conflict with the Lockscreen Clock Hide update so I prefer to just use my manual version). Nothing has put me into Safe Mode or given me any respring issues though. What were you trying to run?

I'm not sure which images had their names changed for 5.0, I was trying to use this >> LookingOutAB99 by ~augustborn99 on deviantART lockscreen (I disabled the springboard part), and strangely now it seems to be working, only thing different on my end is that I'm on 5.01

And if you're still looking for status bar icons, try IntelliScreenX or the LockInfo beta, both of which are working on iOS5.

I'm looking for something more along the lines of OpenNotifier, which hasn't been updated for 5.0 yet, I get the SMS statusbar icon with Bite, but I need a missed call icon and a general missed notification icon. I figure one of the talented devs out there has got to be working on a nice statusbar icon set that works with the notification center and 5.0. I don't need all that Lockinfo or ISX come with..

Both are looking good, I still love typophone 4..

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Massie, i know you use ISX like infoshade while in LockScreen. are you using the default transparent background or using your own. if so, would you happen to know the path where i can add my own?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I wish I did, I'm just using the default one. I'd love to be able to theme it to match the Notification Center. Let me know if you figure that out!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice