Verizon Iphone 4s with Tmobile????

CPUGEEK

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Is it working with T Mobile 3G? That is the problem with most Verizon world phones. You can unlock them for use abroad on 3G, but they don't support the 3G frequencies for T Mobile and AT&T in the U.S. That means it will work on those networks but it is stuck on 2G/Edge. Can anyone get 3G on T Mobile or AT&T with their Verizon iPhone?

Did you read what i said..lol I said No data access expect 2g

risingofthephoenix

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Is it working with T Mobile 3G? That is the problem with most Verizon world phones. You can unlock them for use abroad on 3G, but they don't support the 3G frequencies for T Mobile and AT&T in the U.S. That means it will work on those networks but it is stuck on 2G/Edge. Can anyone get 3G on T Mobile or AT&T with their Verizon iPhone?
the Verizon and Sprint iPhone 4S have the same frequency as the AT&T one even the AT&T one has CDMA..... it won't work on T-Mobile USA tho

nychamp

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I believe the Verizon iphone also has GSM capabilities

If the phone can be unlocked successfully (Not directly from Verizon), then you can use on any gsm network.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If the phone can be unlocked successfully (Not directly from Verizon), then you can use on any gsm network.

Any GSM network other than those in the good ol' USA... those are LOCKED even if the GSM side of a Verizon iPhone has been unlocked. One could get a GSM sim from a provider in Canada or Mexico and "roam" in the US on those providers' roaming partners.

4s12

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Your wrong and right. I never asked about roaming to a diffrent country. My question swas if I could use the 4s with tmobile.

To answer my own question i did get it working. i unlocked my phone and put a tmobile sim card in my 4s and it worked. Only thing I had to do is go into settings-network and swith it over to tmobile. I cant use both networks at once

Problem solved close thread
Can you tell me how to change the network-setting? I couldn't find it. Thanks.

iHaK_iOs

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey 4S12,
Quick question.
I have a Verizon iPhone 4s 5.1.1 bsbnd 2.0.12, right. Well I unlocked with Gevey Ultra S CDMA/WCDMA, and everything is working perfect, except the pic messaging and Cellular Data. How did you get them to work? I even followed this link, 4 times all the way through!
Link:
[How to] Fully Unlock CDMA iPhone 4S 5.1.1 And fix MMS, Data, iMessage, FaceTime, and Carrier Settings - insanelyi
NOTE: Also, when turning on the phone after reboot, it searches for signal, comes up and says you been unlocked like normal then it picks up AT&T instead of T Mobile, and if you turn off Auto Network under Carrier, next time I reboot, Auto switches back on

Austin Robuck

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Alright folks! In order to put a Sprint/Verizon 4s on Tmobile, you simply get a sim unlock chip (I used AIO unlock because it is updatable). There are others like GPP, Gevey Sim, etc.. They run 18-30 USD, and it is simple as buy insert and viola. (some chips require programing like mine. I am able to get 2g and 3g i believe in spots!

anon9489845

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
i have been using my iPhone 4s with a verizon provider I would like to switch to T mobile.
my phone has been unlocked by the provider, I reset it I now get this message on it.
CHOOSE A CARRIER
choosing a carrie will lock this iPhone to that carrier and cannot be changed.
regional carriers
inland cellular
straight talk

my question is does this mean i won't be able to connect to T mobile ?
what does Inland carrier mean?

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
i have been using my iPhone 4s with a verizon provider I would like to switch to T mobile.
my phone has been unlocked by the provider, I reset it I now get this message on it.
CHOOSE A CARRIER
choosing a carrie will lock this iPhone to that carrier and cannot be changed.
regional carriers
inland cellular
straight talk

my question is does this mean i won't be able to connect to T mobile ?
what does Inland carrier mean?

Please see your other thread on this subject.

Bottom line is that you will not be able to use that device on GSM carriers in the US.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner