Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    11,131 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by nychamp View Post
    If the phone can be unlocked successfully (Not directly from Verizon), then you can use on any gsm network.
    Any GSM network other than those in the good ol' USA... those are LOCKED even if the GSM side of a Verizon iPhone has been unlocked. One could get a GSM sim from a provider in Canada or Mexico and "roam" in the US on those providers' roaming partners.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2c View Post
    Your wrong and right. I never asked about roaming to a diffrent country. My question swas if I could use the 4s with tmobile.

To answer my own question i did get it working. i unlocked my phone and put a tmobile sim card in my 4s and it worked. Only thing I had to do is go into settings-network and swith it over to tmobile. I cant use both networks at once

Problem solved close thread
    Can you tell me how to change the network-setting? I couldn't find it. Thanks.
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version
    511 2012

Hey 4S12,
    Quick question.
    I have a Verizon iPhone 4s 5.1.1 bsbnd 2.0.12, right. Well I unlocked with Gevey Ultra S CDMA/WCDMA, and everything is working perfect, except the pic messaging and Cellular Data. How did you get them to work? I even followed this link, 4 times all the way through!
    Link:

NOTE: Also, when turning on the phone after reboot, it searches for signal, comes up and says you been unlocked like normal then it picks up AT&T instead of T Mobile, and if you turn off Auto Network under Carrier, next time I reboot, Auto switches back on
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Verizon Iphone 4s with Tmobile????

How did you do it ? Step by step please if you dont mind
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,743 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Default Verizon Iphone 4s with Tmobile????

Quote Originally Posted by javier duenas View Post
    How did you do it ? Step by step please if you dont mind
    Rsim iii

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Verizon Iphone 4s with Tmobile????

Alright folks! In order to put a Sprint/Verizon 4s on Tmobile, you simply get a sim unlock chip (I used AIO unlock because it is updatable). There are others like GPP, Gevey Sim, etc.. They run 18-30 USD, and it is simple as buy insert and viola. (some chips require programing like mine. I am able to get 2g and 3g i believe in spots!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12