Springboard crashing into safemode when texts pop up in other apps (iPhone 3G)

risuchan

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Last week my jailbroken iPhone 3G crashed. It is now restored, updated, and re-jailbroken (I did not do it myself). I am in the process of re-downloading my previously purchased apps, adding contacts, etc., and I've noticed that when I am using an app (maps, games, weather, anything) and I get a text and hit "reply", the springboard crashes into safemode every time (when I am on my home screen and hit reply to a text, the messages app loads just fine). Any ideas?? Thank you!

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The problem is caused by a Mobile Substrate extension (a.k.a. Cydia tweak) that crashes.
Try removing all tweaks you've installed and re-add them one at a time after testing for crashes.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
When you go into Cydia does it prompt you with upgrades? have you done them? did you choose complete? Whenever I JB and go into Cydia I always like to do all the updates so it is the most up to date possible before applying my tweaks.

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
downgrade to com.chpwn.iconsupport_1.7.4-1_iphoneos-arm.deb as this is problem with newest iconsupport deb file and this will solve the problem. If does not solve you can also downgrade mobile substrate to com.saurik.substrate.safemode_0.9.3900_iphoneos-arm

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
downgrade to com.chpwn.iconsupport_1.7.4-1_iphoneos-arm.deb as this is problem with newest iconsupport deb file and this will solve the problem. If does not solve you can also downgrade mobile substrate to com.saurik.substrate.safemode_0.9.3900_iphoneos-arm

im going to have to go ahead and disagree here. like completely 100% unequivocally tell you that this advice is wrong.

like for realz, why would you even offer this advice? what about the o.ps original post led you to believe that downgrading mobile substrate would solve the issue? or that an icon support file would solve the issue?
i just want to make you, and anyone else who stumbles across this thread, that you are in fact not helping anybody! and shouldnt try to give help, when you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
On my phone I un-installed Barrel 1.6.3-1 and springboard crash on Text Pop-ups STOPPED completely. The real culprit is Barrel Upgrade 1.6.3-1, Whereas there were no crashes on Barrel 1.6.2.-1. Now I have updated the com.chpwn.iconsupport_1.7.10-1_iphoneos-arm.deb and testing but still no crashes on Pop-ups. I waiting and upgrade Mobile Substrate also tomorrow. Friends Give you comments/ if this solved your problem.

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Friend you were right icon-support was not culprit for crash on POP-UPs, but chpwn.iconsupport_1.7.5-1_iphoneos-arm.deb was a problem as it was resetting the ICON layout after everytime phone was re-springed. and downgrade to chpwn.iconsupport_1.7.4-1_iphoneos-arm.deb solved this problem. But now this has been upgraded to version chpwn.iconsupport_1.7.10-1_iphoneos-arm.deb and no problems with it. The problem of SB crash on pop-ups was because of Barrel Upgrade 1.6.3-1, un-installing Barrel 1.6.3-1 solves this problem.

HeavenV

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
i was facing the same problem as u guys did. after uninstall barrel 1.6.3-1. it still crash into safe mode whenever the popup allert appear. im using 4s 5.1.1. especially on those apps required location service, once its popup... then it straight to safe mode
any advise?

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
i was facing the same problem as u guys did. after uninstall barrel 1.6.3-1. it still crash into safe mode whenever the popup allert appear. im using 4s 5.1.1. especially on those apps required location service, once its popup... then it straight to safe mode
any advise?

you need to go into sbsettings,(get it if you dont have it) and start disabling tweaks ONE AT A TIME (your phone will respring everytime you exit) until you figure out which tweak is conflicting with whatever messaging apps you are runnning.
since it seems like it happens when you get a message you are going to need someone to help you and send you a mesage after you disable a tweak.
once the crashing stops happening, you need to go back and RE-ENABLE that tweak, then go to cydia and uninstall it.
since uninstalling barrel didnt help your situation you can safely rule that tweak out and re-install it if you liked it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2