JB app icons intermittently appear blank?

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Since upgrading to 5.0.1 and doing a JB I've noticed that inside of FolderEnhancer folders, many JB icons appear blank white. Also noticing that some of the folder icons appear to have nothing in them but there are many in there. I did restore as new so all the install of JB apps and AppStore apps and settings i'm creating are all brand new. What might be causing this?

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Okay, I'll admit it... shameless bump :eek: No one else having this issue? I did everything stock and the problem starts after installing any JB apps, couldn't narrow down to any single one. Anybody else with intermittently blank white JB icons?

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like FolderEnhancer hasn't been updated for compatibility with iOS 5.
Anyway, a good troubleshooting habit is to remove everything and reinstall apps one at a time.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like FolderEnhancer hasn't been updated for compatibility with iOS 5.
Anyway, a good troubleshooting habit is to remove everything and reinstall apps one at a time.

I actually have the blank icons even before installing FolderEnhancer after a fresh restore and JB, so not sure that's it. I also intermittently get blank icons even when they are not in folders.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i had this same thing happen about a week ago. repsrings and reboots did not matter. then i was syncing my device one night, plugged in, and they all came back and have been since then

i have no idea why this worked just glad it did

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
It's not folder enhancer, which is fully compatible... I am ALMOST POSITIVE it is gridlock... Which is compatible, but not fully... Respring always does the trick for me... However, "poof" on sbsettings might also be the culprit...

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
i had this same thing happen about a week ago. repsrings and reboots did not matter. then i was syncing my device one night, plugged in, and they all came back and have been since then

i have no idea why this worked just glad it did

Yeah, this just seemed to resolve on its own... creepy :eek: I don't have gridlock installed but after the above poster mentioned this app, I recalled that I actually have purchased it and had it on my 4.2.8 JB just never re-installed. So, I'm confident the culprit is narrowed down. If tincture of time or some iPhone gremlin fixed the issue, fine by me... just always nicer to know what actually caused the problem when possibe... :rolleyes:

Thanks to all for the feedback!