BiteSMS vs. Messages+

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
There is MMS in bite QC. All you need to do is hold finger down in text box to bring up mms menu.

There is now; for a LONG time it was the top requested feature but the Bite dev resisted including it for years before finally giving in recently.

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I hope I am posting this in the correct place, but here we go...

I am trying out BiteSMS for the duration of the trial, then I am going to switch to Messages+ and use that for the duration of that trial, then decide which I liked better.

Since I am using BiteSMS right now, can someone tell me if it is possible to change the lockscreen popup from white with black text to black with white text? It would not be so "glary" that way, and make it easier to read SMS messages.

Thanks...

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I hope I am posting this in the correct place, but here we go...

I am trying out BiteSMS for the duration of the trial, then I am going to switch to Messages+ and use that for the duration of that trial, then decide which I liked better.

Since I am using BiteSMS right now, can someone tell me if it is possible to change the lockscreen popup from white with black text to black with white text? It would not be so "glary" that way, and make it easier to read SMS messages.

Thanks...

It is very possible to theme the bite popups, every aspect of them! It requires winter board and a little bit of ifile file movement, but is possible and I imagine will get easier every step of the way

Reactions: Blackfeet

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
can this be achieved with the beta version?

On the bitesms forums, it looks like themes are possible with the beta, but theming QR/QC windows still looks like it is yet to be implemented (based on the beta 6 release note). Martin indicated they hope to finalize 6.3 within a couple weeks. I would hope QR/QC window theming would be included in that general release.

Reactions: BLiNK

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Right--theming is in the beta but not for QC/QR. Martin said it will be ready for the 6.3 stable release, coming soon.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, theming is currently quite possible, like I said, and am! (soon will be)
There is already a QC/QR plist that you can edit to change all font colors and sizes, and by using winter board you can theme the pop ups as well! I'm sure I've posted pictures before, but I will again soon.
Currently I'm not themed because I recently downgraded to 5.0.1 and I'm
Not fully set up yet.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Right--theming is in the beta but not for QC/QR. Martin said it will be ready for the 6.3 stable release, coming soon.

that's funny.. the QC & QR would be the only areas i'd want to theme

this will be achieved without winterboard hopefully?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
that's funny.. the QC & QR would be the only areas i'd want to theme

this will be achieved without winterboard hopefully?

Haha, that's what everyone wants so of course it's last on Martin's list... And yes, no WB needed!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
My current QC
475469b5-391d-fb44.jpg

boto

May 31, 2011
Visit site
could you guys possibly guide me through the process of changing the qr/qc color like 3cit did? would greatly appreciate it :)

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well honestly, with beta 6.3.6 releasing soon, it might not be worth it! You need to go to var/user/caches and find all the "bsbg******.png files and then replace them with the appropriate "colored" files
Like I have.
Only trouble is, those Ike's are self producing sonic you get a text from someone that ends up with a different size than you have already created, you will get an unthemed popup!! There apparently are infinite possibilities!! Not really infinite but I have 58 different files and instill end up with unthemed loops now and again!!! I'd say be patient for a few days and the qc/we will be easily themeable....
I hope!!!

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
If only biteSMS, when run on the ipad, had the same interface as iMessages, id use it all the time. Surprised it has not been updated to look more like an ipad app rather than a fullscreen iphone app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox