BiteSMS vs. Messages+

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Update to the beta is out now?lots of changes for iPad users, but QC/QR theming has (of course) been pushed back to the next beta update.

Apple=Racket96

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I must admit,I tried to love Messages+,but Bite has stolen my messaging heart & I can't go leave lol. I prefer the options Bite provides,& the QC/QR is very nice & even better? I can lock up everything so no one can see anything. I've got a little sister. It's a lifesaver-___-

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I must admit,I tried to love Messages+,but Bite has stolen my messaging heart & I can't go leave lol. I prefer the options Bite provides,& the QC/QR is very nice & even better? I can lock up everything so no one can see anything. I've got a little sister. It's a lifesaver-___-

mind sharing your method? i have tried one way but like to see if there might be something better

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Locking up everything?

if i try to hide natively then i get the second alert as soon as i unlock the LS. lame

a while back this could be done within bite and all i did was tap the statusbar icon to bring up my list

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
What happens if you set the alert style to None? Or are you still wanting banners if a message arrives while unlocked?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
yeah i do like the banners. looks like popup blocker might be in order here

So you want no alerts when phone is locked, but icon bubble to still show when unlocked? Also, whenever you unlock, you get message popup alerts of missed messages???? That right?

Apple=Racket96

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
yes, that is correct

Idk if that is even possible lol. The way I have mine set up is that I receive iOS banners,but I turned the message preview off so all it says on the banner is "[contact name] Message"
I click on it,& it brings up quick reply. I then have to put in a pass code to see the message.
Does this method appeal to you at all?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

greenjeep120

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I use bitesms and it is awesome, love all the features that it has. Just one thing I have found is that if you receieve a voice memo from someone else using an iphone and you try to play it in bitesms it gives you an error and you have to open the original messages app to listen to the voicememo. I happen to play a game with friends where we send music clips frequently so this has gotten fairly annoying to open a seperate app that I would rather just hide. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a work around or a fix or anything for this. Also has anyone else had any issues with this?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
This question actually deserves its own thread!! And seeing how many bite threads there are that is QUITE AMAZING!!!!!
I've never heard of this issue before, but Im going to see I I can play aroun with it a little bit... Also try asking on the bite forum...
Maybe your the only one, IN THE ENTIRE BITE WORLD who uses voice memos!!!

greenjeep120

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I will see if I can post this question and get a response...I would not doubt that I am the only one that uses voicememos.

---------- Post Merged at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:56 PM ----------

I will see if I can post this question and get a response...I would not doubt that I am the only one that uses voicememos.