Can I jailbreak - 3GS - iOS5 - 05.16.05

daf1892

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
New to the iPhone world, had it for about a week a decided to look into jailbreaking it now I'm used to it (moved over from a Hybrid OS BB so am used to playing about with my phones to get the best out of them)

However I am unsure if I'm able to JB my baseband

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
JB and baseband are totally different things. You can definitely JB it, but the only way to unlock it (which is only necessary if you need to use it on a different carrier than the phone was originally meant for) is to install the iPad baseband. Do you need an unlock, or just a jailbreak?

daf1892

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Ah right, thanks for clearing that up. Thought the baseband was needed too

I just want to JB it as I'm staying with the same network I got it with

could you point me in the right direction on a JB? As every thread/guide I've read has been about basebands too so kind of confused which software I would need

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Before that, let's just be sure: the carrier you're using it with is the carrier that sold it initially? You didn't buy it used from someone who may have originally had it on a different carrier, right?

Assuming that's correct, you can download and use redsn0w: you can follow this guide or download the program directly from this page. Scroll down past the updates for the download links. Have fun!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox