Jailbreak makes default apps dissapear?

MASTER260

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey, so, back in July my iPod Touch drowned & I just got it replaced. So, I restored my backup for regular apps in iTunes, jailbroke it, & restored my jailbreak apps in AptBackup. (Yes, I got them to replace it despite my old one being drowned & having been jailbroken to. The key? Not saying anything. ;) ) Unfortunately, it had this bug where all the apps were really small & barely usable. I found out that this was because one of my jailbreak apps was an old version of Activator, of which old versions conflict with iOS 5, which I upgraded to. I found out how to get around it, but, unfortunately, it meant I'd have to do everything over again. So, I did, except, when Cydia prepared the filesystem, some of my default apps, like the camera & App Store, (but not all of them,) were missing. Also, Cydia was gone. So I did the process over again YET AGAIN. Didn't help, & I actually think even more of the default apps disappeared.

Um, any help?

Thanks,
Jon

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
When you redid the JB did you do a restore first? Why don't you restore it, then restore it from your backup. Then do the JB but don't restore your JB apps onto the device. If the JB is stable and everything is there like it should be then you can either restore the apps or just reinstall them through Cydia.

MASTER260

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
When you redid the JB did you do a restore first? Why don't you restore it, then restore it from your backup. Then do the JB but don't restore your JB apps onto the device. If the JB is stable and everything is there like it should be then you can either restore the apps or just reinstall them through Cydia.

Basically what happened is that I jailbroke it, found out there was a problem that could be fixed if I restored it & re-jailbroke it, so I did that, except THAT'S when the default apps started deleting. Every time I restore & re-jailbrake it, it happens... Thanks, though!

MASTER260

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually starting to think, believe it or not, that when Cydia's preparing the filesystem it's actually making the storage go over capacity & thus to compensate is deleting itself & some system apps. Is this possible, &, if so, is it possible to know how much to delete beforehand?

EDIT: BTW, the reason it could possibly go over capacity when not having the 1st time is cuz after the 1st time I installed some more apps 1st...

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
That's strange never seen this happen .. Just something to check thou by chance did any restrictions get turned on on settings ? Sometimes I see this happen when people set a passcode. It will remove the icon or hide stuff like camera .. AppStore etc.

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77