Lockscreen Clock Hide alternative

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone have an alternative they are using for Lockscreen Clock Hide? The last time I used it it just kept crashing my springboard.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
this and a few others are completely blowing my mind as to why they have not been updated for iOS 5 yet. do not get it

maybe Ashman is waiting until he releases his new LockInfo?

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I also am dying for a lockscreen clock hide update!!!
You two tried looking around in the system files for a possible solution?
Any ideas where to start? I'll repost in an hour or two with my thoughts

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
there's no way i'm gonna mess with the system file for this. i am trying to keep that to a minimum until the Untethered is out

Ashman still has not updated Popup Blocker either and i can really use that right now

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I now have no lockscreen clock, I had to play with a plist using ifile...
475e30d4-c6b6-436f.jpg

(proof)
Ok so plist file is located at
Private/var/mobile/library/caches
And is named DateFormats.plist
You need to change two entries(using iFile, open plist as text, then edit...)
the first is called UIWeekdayNoYearDateFormat,
you need to erase everything between the FIRST SET OF STRINGS (not the one after version)
The second is called
UINoAMPMTimeFormat,
you need to erase everything between the FIRST SET OF STRINGS (not the one after version)
Respring and you will have no lockscreen clock or date, assuming you have winterboard, you probably have a theme that makes the background invisible already...
I tried to "theme" the plist using winterboard but had no success, as soon as i changed the plist directly it worked! I would rather have not directly changed files in the device, so if someone knows how to theme a plist, that would be AWESOME!!! Also, as always when messing with files, MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!!!!

Reactions: Ipheuria

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Awesome!!! I'll do this tomorrow. Can you take screenshots while in your plist so I know what to erase. Thanks for doing the diggin':D

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
475e30d4-1cc3-0020.jpg

Private/var/mobile/library/caches
Make sure you open dateformats.plist as text file
475e30d4-1cfa-631f.jpg

475e30d4-1d16-c927.jpg

Those are the two that need editing...
They are already edited in my photos

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks it worked perfectly!!! now I just have to figure out how to make the shade where the time/date was invisible. I'm almost there LOL

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well I now have no lockscreen clock, I had to play with a plist using ifile...
Click to view quoted image
(proof)

you obviously have a theme that blanks out the status bar. Do you SSH into your phone? I need someone with a theme that blanks out the status bar to send me the theme. I have put the blank png file into my theme but either the name of the file is wrong or it's in the wrong place in the theme.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK so I got rid of the bottom bar LOL but still the top bar persists

img1572.png

someone with an invisible top status bar help a brotha out :D

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I had a clear lock going for a while; the bar behind the clock is called BarLCD@2x~iphone.png I believe. (Different name for when it's behind the Media Controls, I'll get back to you with that.) Lots of info here: MacThemes Forum / iOS 5 New, Changed and Relocated Images (Ask here!)

Edit: here is the post with the other file names:
Help theming lockscreen iOS 5

you my friend are a genius :D

img1573k.png

it was a combination of things. I changed the file but it still was showing up when it hit me, I have a theme and a lockscreen. The lockscreen was above the theme in Winterboard so I had a light bulb go off and sure enough the Lockscreen also had the same file but it wasn't transparent LOL.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Winterboard works fine for me, I'm just on the tethered boot I don't need all that semi-tethered non sense. If I have to reboot it takes me less than 2 minutes to be up and running again.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I misunderstood your pm, sorry dude, I thought you meant the actual statusbar... And semi tether is completely non obtrusive, and a real life save if your not near a computer... No harm in installing it

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
no prob man, I got it all done so it's all good. The thing is for me semi-tether just doesn't make sense. I work all day with my laptop and over the weekend my computer is always nearby or I would just turn the phone off until I get to it.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Winterboard works fine for me, I'm just on the tethered boot I don't need all that semi-tethered non sense. If I have to reboot it takes me less than 2 minutes to be up and running again.

Thanks--do I need to use a beta repo for WB or is it just the usual spot?

I don't mind the tethered boot, but I'm on the road a decent amount for work so wondered how stable the latest release was; call me paranoid but I'd rather not use SemiTether if it isn't really needed.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks--do I need to use a beta repo for WB or is it just the usual spot?

I don't mind the tethered boot, but I'm on the road a decent amount for work so wondered how stable the latest release was; call me paranoid but I'd rather not use SemiTether if it isn't really needed.

You just use the one that is in Cydia, if it prompts you for updates just do the complete update it seems to patch alot of things. If you look at the Winterboard info it says iOS 5 compatible as of ------

Tethered- honestly I've been tethered on iOS 5 since it was released and the only times I've ever rebooted my phone is when I wanted to for some reason. My battery is the same as before but one thing I always do is once I'm done using a JB app I kill it from the App switcher only because most of the ones I use are only needed once like iFile or Winterboard.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73