Calling All Cross-Platform Guru's!! | Android Rooting/Hacking to iPhone Jailbreaking
I'm still pretty new to TiPb and I wasn't sure if I am posting this in the correct category...so please bare with me.
I've done the equivalent of iOS Jailbreaking on the following Mobile OS Platforms:
1. - Android (Rooting/Hacking/Custom Recovery, Kernals, Nandroids, Custom ROMs, etc.)
2. - Palm/HP WebOS (Developer Mode/WOSQI/PreWare/Custom Kernals/Patching/Themes, etc.)
3. - Blackberry (BBSAK/Vendor-Independent Custom OS/CODs/Themes, etc.)
...now, I need to ramp-up and get up-to-speed with iPhone Jailbreaking.
I just purchased a Sprint iPhone 4 running iOS 5 (Not the iPhone 4s).
After a lot of reading and researching, I was able to Jailbreak the Sprint iPhone 4 running iOS v.5.0 with the following tool: redsn0w_0.9.9b7 which is only a 'Teathered-Jailbreak' (The newest term I have learned in the past few days...hehe).
Actually, for some reason, RedSn0w was having problems fetching the correct info from the Apple Servers. So as the fix, I had to download the IPSW file for my Sprint iPhone 4 (iOS 5), then from within 'RedSn0w' under 'Extras'...I had to manually 'select' the IPSW that I downloaded on my computer...but whatever, it worked.
From there it worked flawlessly.
For those of you who know all about 'Rooting Androids'...can you help me transition to the iPhone scene and let me know what kind of hacks/mods can and cannot be done on the iPhone, compared to Android. I'm referring to items such as:
1. - Installing a Custom Recovery App or it's equivalent
2. - Creating a Nandroid Dump or 'Image Snapshot' or it's equivalent
3. - Running Custom ROMs & Kernels, etc.
4. - Overclocking
5. - OS Backup / App Backup / App-Data Backup (iCloud seems really cool, even though the Palm/HP WebOS had been doing it long before with the 'Palm Profile' feature via the Cloud).
6. - Techie Apps (SSH Terminal, HotSpot functionality, Packet Sniffing Apps, SMB Browsing through WiFi, Built-in FTP/FTPS Server, etc.)
Thank you so much in advance!!!!!!