Jailbrake questions - Appstore still works?
Due to the fact that my iPhone 4 did not get Siri I'm now considering jailbraking my device, especially since Siri has now been made to work on iPhone 4 (would post a link to the article but my post count is too low) and it's only a matter of time before someone publishes the steps needed to make it work.
I know that IOS 5 can be jailbroken but my questions are:
- if I jailbrake, what will happen to the Appstore and my purchased apps? I would say nothing since jaibrake is just getting root access to your device but I want to make sure I bought quite a few apps
- what is the best jailbrake resource site? I want to do this right
- if I at some point decide to remove the jailbrake, do I have to hard reset my device? do I have to hard reset to get the jailbrake in the first place?
- what will happen to iCloud? Will it still work?
I read the FAQ and this is what I couldn't find out thanks for the help!
- 10-30-2011, 06:28 AM #2
- 10-30-2011, 12:47 PM #4
Last edited by The Real Spiral_ouT; 10-30-2011 at 12:52 PM.
- 11-02-2011, 05:34 AM #5iPhone Newbie
- 22 Posts
iClarified, RedmondPie, and iDownloadBlog all have good tutorials.
You don't have to restore your device in order to jailbreak it, but in order to remove the jailbreak you have to restore it. You can use the iTunes sync/backup feature to make this process easier.
Siri on the iPhone 4 is not available yet. You can follow @chpwn on Twitter for news.