Unlocking Woes! Please Help!!

reubenn

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I just switched from BlackBerry to iPhone. The iPhone I received was traded for my BB Bold. It is a Telus iPhone that uses a Gevey SIM in order to "unlock it". I, not knowing much about iPhones, upgraded to iOS5 and was shocked to find out I could not activate my SIM with the Gevey. After hours and hours of heartache, I managed to "hacktivate" my iPhone 4 so I could access the OS an hopefully use Gevey. Well, apparently my baseband changed to something Gevey doesn't support... now, I am without a phone. My goal is to unlock the phone so I can use it. I don't care if it is OS 4 or OS 5. I am desperate and I need it unlocked so I can use it with or without the Gevey on Rogers. Can someone tell me what I can do please?

Edit: The phone is Jailbroken and "unlocked" by Ultrasn0w through Cydia.. However, I think the incorrect baseband is voiding the unlock..?
Here is some information that may be needed by you guys:

Baseband Number is... Moderm Firmware?: 04.11.08
Locked to TELUS, trying to use with Rogers
Version: 5.0

I am incredibly desperate thanks!

Last edited:

Snownation

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
You are out of luck. Get a spare phone for now. Even if you downgrade your iOS back to 4.0+, your baseband does not downgrade.

There is no Gevey support for your baseband for now. And ultrasn0w is useless to you as you don't have their compatible basebands.

Sorry to have to tell you this, but as of this moment, you will NOT be able to use your SIM in that iPhone.

You could get a pay as you go Telus SIM, and set your Rogers spare phone to call forward all calls back to the Telus iPhone.

Last edited:

reubenn

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
You are out of luck. Get a spare phone for now. Even if you downgrade your iOS back to 4.0+, your baseband does not downgrade.

There is no Gevey support for your baseband for now. And ultrasn0w is useless to you as you don't have their compatible basebands.

Sorry to have to tell you this, but as of this moment, you will NOT be able to use your SIM in that iPhone.

You could get a pay as you go Telus SIM, and set your Rogers spare phone to call forward all calls back to the Telus iPhone.
Thank you.

There is hope for the future right? I just have to wait a few weeks and only a few weeks maybe?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner