Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: iOS 5 (tethered) jailbreakers?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

21 58.33%
  • No way. i am waiting for the Untethered no matter what!

15 41.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,509 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Smile iOS 5 (tethered) jailbreakers?

just taking a head count

i have been bouncing back & forth due to my OCD but with IntelliScreenX and or the "new" LockInfo coming soon, i may stick with it

i do have to say that every time i have been tethered i have not ran into any mysterious-random reboots (knock on wood)
    iPhone Newbie

I'm not sure if I count because this is the first time I've ever jailbroken my phone and now I can't imagine not having it jailbroken!! What a difference a few tweaks makes!!

Granted, I can't wait for the unteathered so I can stop worrying about the reboot.

I also saw the IntelliScreenX video and cannot wait until it's release. Genius!
    iPhone Newbie

I jailbroke my iphone 4 running iOS 5 this morning with redsnow and so far no problems, and it seems a lot of the cydia tweaks and apps already support iOS 5. About to install the semi-tether though just in case..
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,737 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I had the tethered 5.0 JB on mine before I got my 4S and it worked fine, and I loved it. Can't wait until there is a JB for it.

---
    I am here:
    I answer everything to the best of my knowledge. If I'm wrong, correct me.

If I helped you, hit thanks.
    iPhone Newbie

Any idea when the Untethered Jailbreak will be available for iOS 5 for my iPad2?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,957 Global Posts
    iOS Version

All the way. The only thing I'm still really missing are good lockscreen themes, but I'm a little wary of installing Winterboard these days.
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

I'm tethered JB on iOS 5.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    [iDevice]: Verizon iPhone 4 {iOS 5}
    [Jailbroken]: redsn0w win 0.9.9b4
    [Twitter]: @iSeven077
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,509 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by KarrieLyne View Post
    I'm not sure if I count because this is the first time I've ever jailbroken my phone and now I can't imagine not having it jailbroken!! What a difference a few tweaks makes!!

Granted, I can't wait for the unteathered so I can stop worrying about the reboot.

I also saw the IntelliScreenX video and cannot wait until it's release. Genius!
    not only does it count but you should get a bonus! being tethered for your first time on a jailbroken device tells me that you like to take chances and like to tinker. nice to see!

it only gets easier with the Untethered, as you already know
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    940 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by CHAM89 View Post
    I jailbroke my iphone 4 running iOS 5 this morning with redsnow and so far no problems, and it seems a lot of the cydia tweaks and apps already support iOS 5. About to install the semi-tether though just in case..
    I would stay away from the semi tethered as there have been many people reporting problems with it.
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jdavis530 View Post
    I would stay away from the semi tethered as there have been many people reporting problems with it.
    yea thats what I ended up doing, a friend of mine said the same thing and that they were planning on fixing it in a few days so I decided it was probably better to hold off
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I JB last night after going thru withdraw. I did have a mysterious random reboot for some reason while I was reading twitter. But it rebooted fine and I didn't need to reconnect to a computer. I will have to watch this.

Seven77...are you getting themes to work properly? I tried last night and winteboard and a few themes caused all kinds of issues. Cool theme, does it come in blue?

Bob
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5

I'm still on the fence about jailbreaking. I really want to wait until an untethered is available, but I'm reeeaaally tempted to do it anyway lol
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,509 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Default IntelliScreenX

IntelliScreenX: this is enough of a reason to go tethered or jailbreak. period.

beta repo:
    Code:
    http://www.intelliborn.com/isxbeta

http://forums.tipb.com/jailbreak-app...-new-post.html
    Last edited by BLiNK; 10-29-2011 at 04:23 AM. Reason: added video
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

I'm waiting for the untethered JB. I can wait a few more weeks if that's how long it's going to take.
  15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,509 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    I'm waiting for the untethered JB. I can wait a few more weeks if that's how long it's going to take.
    you must be a very patient person
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,602 Global Posts

I'm on the fence about this topic too. I don't mind doing it cuz customizing is always nice. I'm just worried about those reboots when I'm away from my laptop and I can't get my phone to work.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    3,039 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Inkdaddy66 View Post
    I'm on the fence about this topic too. I don't mind doing it cuz customizing is always nice. I'm just worried about those reboots when I'm away from my laptop and I can't get my phone to work.
    The semi tethered jailbreak allows you to still use your phone after a reboot.
    ║█║▌║█║▌│║▌█║▌║
    0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    I'm with you Rose, and i wonder how much IntelliScreenX will cost? I've already paid for Lockinfo, and maybe they're working on something similar.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,509 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

i've been tethered for a while now and have not experienced any random reboots. not a fan of the semi tether since it still is in beta

grunt, ISX is 9.99 and is well worth it. IntelliScreenX > LockInfo
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    i've been tethered for a while now and have not experienced any random reboots. not a fan of the semi tether since it still is in beta

grunt, ISX is 9.99 and is well worth it. IntelliScreenX > LockInfo
    So, i take it that you think that ISX is better than what Lockinfo can come up with?
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
    iPhone Newbie

Been on the semi tethered in since the day it came out.

Had to reboot a few times for misc reasons.

Works as advertised. Reboots into a unjailbroken iPhone minus the email and safari which functionalities can be replaced by 3rd party apps.

Went home and re jailbroke with redsnow and was back in business within a few minutes.

Sent from my iPhone 10
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5|4.3.3

I think I'm about to spring of the semi-tethered package myself. Are there serious bugs that I should know about? Just hate the thought of getting stranded, but I also don't want a buggy hack on my phone...
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0, 5.1.1

Tried tethered... really wanted to like it, but it was terrible. Just reloading all my apps was terrible, because Cydia requires a reboot for most of them. I installed some of them, and then using it the first day was awful. Plus it wouldn't come out of safe mode. I went back to stock and might just go back to 4.8 - ios 5 doesn't give me much that jailbroken 4.8 didn't.
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by aaimbrogno View Post
    Tried tethered... Just reloading all my apps was terrible, because Cydia requires a reboot for most of them.
    you can just que them all up in cydia and download them all at once so u only need one reboot
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    3,039 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by aaimbrogno View Post
    Plus it wouldn't come out of safe mode.
    That sounds like you installed an incompatible Cydia tweak. Although a lot of them have been updated, the majority of the tweaks still aren't iOS 5 compatible and cause Safe Mode loops or other problems. If you do some research and find what tweaks and hacks have been updated, you shouldn't have a problem.

If you installed Infinifolders (a tweak I'd assume most jailbreaker tried to install), it definitely causes the Safe Mode loop.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast