iOS 5 (tethered) jailbreakers?

iOS 5 (tethered) jailbreakers?

• Total voters

eyeseeyou

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Been on the semi tethered in since the day it came out.

Had to reboot a few times for misc reasons.

Works as advertised. Reboots into a unjailbroken iPhone minus the email and safari which functionalities can be replaced by 3rd party apps.

Went home and re jailbroke with redsnow and was back in business within a few minutes.

Sent from my iPhone 10

Mrjr

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm about to spring of the semi-tethered package myself. Are there serious bugs that I should know about? Just hate the thought of getting stranded, but I also don't want a buggy hack on my phone...

aaimbrogno

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Tried tethered... really wanted to like it, but it was terrible. Just reloading all my apps was terrible, because Cydia requires a reboot for most of them. I installed some of them, and then using it the first day was awful. Plus it wouldn't come out of safe mode. I went back to stock and might just go back to 4.8 - ios 5 doesn't give me much that jailbroken 4.8 didn't.

Spiral_ouT

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Plus it wouldn't come out of safe mode.

That sounds like you installed an incompatible Cydia tweak. Although a lot of them have been updated, the majority of the tweaks still aren't iOS 5 compatible and cause Safe Mode loops or other problems. If you do some research and find what tweaks and hacks have been updated, you shouldn't have a problem.

If you installed Infinifolders (a tweak I'd assume most jailbreaker tried to install), it definitely causes the Safe Mode loop.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I think I'm about to spring of the semi-tethered package myself. Are there serious bugs that I should know about? Just hate the thought of getting stranded, but I also don't want a buggy hack on my phone...

there was an update for this yesterday but i am still on the fence about it. it looks like other apps/tweaks are starting to support the semi-tethered, which should tell us that maybe there is some legitimacy to it?

sjn5639

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I really want to update to IOS5 but i have a 3GS with a 6.15.00 baseband and I've heard there are a lot of buggs still. Can anyone tell me if it's worth it. I HAVE to JB and unlock cuz i'm T-Mobile.

mwohrlin

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I tried the tethered jailbreak twice and had some problems. Went back to pure. I will wait until an untethered option is available. I would have though it would be out by now. Wonder what the hold up is. Are they still trying to figure out how to do it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner