Is IOS5 worth it on JB & Unlocked 3Gs?

sjn5639

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a 3Gs and am considering upgrading to IOS5 and am just wondering if you all think it is worth all the hassle? Is 5 really that much better than 4?

Also, how does it run on the 3Gs? I have heard that it can bog the phone down. Since I am running unlocked on T-Mobile I am already dealing with EDGE only unless I'm on wifi and wouldn't want my normal operations to be bogged down as well as my internet.

TIA for any input.:)

MYNAMESALEX

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I run a rogers 3gs on bell, with 3g data.
I don't have any problems with speed. It's jailbroken and unlocked, it was a bit of a hassle so I say if you're gonna do it, make sure you do it right the first time, and you'll have a lot less trouble. Only issue is loss of GPS functionality. Even if you get the fix from redsn0w 0.9.9b6/7 for aGPS function, it might still clash with your service, and kick you off into "searching" or "no service" whenever you try to use the location services.

I just bring my iPad with me in my backpack or in the car if I intend to use GPS.

And I don't know much about the difference between iOS 4 and 5 for 3gs, I used iPad on 4, and got the 3gs on 5.0 when I bought it. But it is a HUGE difference on the iPad. I love iOS5.

I love jailbreak and will always jailbreak, but I mostly do it for iFile, and a the rest of the stuff is meh, kinda cool, but not important. For the most part, I run the phone the way it's meant to, with minimal modding. I do use speedIntensifier and SBSettings though. But to the point, I think iOS5 is worth it. I like it a lot. Notification centre is worth it all by itself, forget the rest of the updates!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW