Safari Download Manager update for iOS 5?

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Unlikely. The only thing downloaded from mobile safari is pictures saved to the camera roll that's it.

For everything else it either isn't support or kicks you to an app that does allow you to download things for example app store or iTunes.

Remember part of the easy usability of the iPhone is its lack of a visible (and therefore would have to be managed) file system. This keeps thinks nice easy and slick for the end user but does impose some restrictions. One being no way to freely save, copy, move etc any file of any type within your own user chosen file structure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
The OP is talking about a jailbreak app called Safari Download Manager, not the way iOS handles downloads.

I haven't seen anything about one yet, but this is the opening line on the dev's website: "My name is Dustin L. Howett, and I'm a 21-year-old freelance software developer. I tend to start to work on a lot of projects, but rarely finish them, or even work on them, until the motivation strikes me."

So if he's not feeling motivated, it seems it might be a bit.

Breimer

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Please help!!! Safri download manager!! Ios5.0

I have to have safridownload manager .... Not even for music for everything!!!!! I tried contacting him!!! I would inmangin it's to tough to fix... Safri just crashes when it is installed on ios5. Someone please throw me a bone... Got to be an easy fix!! Thank you JB'ers

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
The OP is talking about a jailbreak app called Safari Download Manager, not the way iOS handles downloads.

I haven't seen anything about one yet, but this is the opening line on the dev's website: "My name is Dustin L. Howett, and I'm a 21-year-old freelance software developer. I tend to start to work on a lot of projects, but rarely finish them, or even work on them, until the motivation strikes me."

So if he's not feeling motivated, it seems it might be a bit.

Now that's honesty and self-awareness from the dev :D

I also emailed him with no response. Not reassuring. I miss SDM as well since iOS 5... perhaps someone else will step up to create an alternative...

cr7hg

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,
I have a great alternative to sdm. Just go to installous and download app called "Atomic Web Browser".. It has build in download manager that works even faster than sdm. Downloaded files are saved to "Documents" folder in the Atomic Web main directory. Hope u will like it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73