Jailbreak Noob - Please help for 3G 4.2.1 ! :)

KarrieLyne

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4 which I was able to jailbreak using Redsn0w and the process was quite easy.

However, my daughter has an iPhone 3G running 4.2.1 and wants her phone jailbroken as well. I've tried researching to find out what is the best way to do this and there are sooo many. I landed on GreenPoison which seemed straight forward and easy but every time I ran the program, it kept telling me to try again and the phone would not turn on. I had to do a full restore. I had backups done so that is no big deal except that it takes forever.

Is this even possible anymore for the 3G? I am on a Mac and her version is 4.2.1. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Links to which build to download would be even better!

Many thanks in advance!!

Handlebars

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
Try going to jailbreakme.com from the phones browser you should be able to jailbreak there. If not it will tell you what you need to do it.

Last edited:

KarrieLyne

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Try going to jailbreakme.com from the phones browser you should be able to jailbreak there. If not it will tell you what you need to do it.

That was the first thing I tried but unfortunately it does not support it and does't leave options on which hacks are current. Thanks for trying though! :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR