Just jailbreaked my IPhone4 with IOS5 and need help with applications.............

Johnny-5

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It appears some applications in cydia are not compatible with IOS5 so was wondering if anyone could help me fine something equivalent. Preferable free as well.

Multi-task killer - simple way like just holding the home button for a few seconds and kills the application.
Voice text application

Thanks in advance

MYNAMESALEX

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
To substitute multitask killer, maybe try using "activator".
I have it installed but haven't really played with it at all to know how powerful it is, but its a condition and effect app for things like different key press/hold combinations of the hardware keys on the iphone, like home, and volume buttons.

Johnny-5

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
To substitute multitask killer, maybe try using "activator".
I have it installed but haven't really played with it at all to know how powerful it is, but its a condition and effect app for things like different key press/hold combinations of the hardware keys on the iphone, like home, and volume buttons.

Thanks for the reply. I believe activator needs another program to kill applications. I couldnt find a way to get it to kill applications with just activator. Damn I wished I knew the other applications name.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey BLiNK, with KB do you have to have the skull and crossbones look or is there a way to kill apps without using those icons? They're a little...goofy, for me.

killbackground0.jpg

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
yes, which is odd because i thought by default it was the smaller version. here is a pic of what it looks like along with my current settings. also, i am on v1.2.2

65aosz.jpg
fyia7r.jpg

maybe turn 'Button on the Left' > ON and 'Big Buttons' > OFF?

Johnny-5

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
yes, which is odd because i thought by default it was the smaller version. here is a pic of what it looks like along with my current settings. also, i am on v1.2.2

Click to view quoted image Click to view quoted image

maybe turn 'Button on the Left' > ON and 'Big Buttons' > OFF?

Yea thats what Im using too is the smaller one. Just as Massie stated the bigger icons do look weird.

As stated before do you two happen to know of a voice text application?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean by "voice text"?something to read to you, or something to let you dictate texts?

If the first, there is something built into ios 5 that might work for you: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2011/10/23/ios5-text-to-speech/

If the second, maybe try Dragon Dictation.

Last edited:

Johnny-5

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean by "voice text"?something to read to you, or something to let you dictate texts?

If the first, there is something built into ios 5 that might work for you: How to Use New Text-to-Speech Accessibility Feature in iOS 5

If the second, maybe try Dragon Dictation.

Ive tried playing with the IOS5 one but its weird. Didnt like it much. Im looking for something mainly for sending text messages. Would like something where I can talk and it will write it down in a text message and I can send it.

Johnny-5

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Did you try Dragon?

Downloading now. Will respond once I get it on and play with it a bit! By the way Massie thanks for all your help with the jailbreak. Everything is looking good but hate the fact that I have to use snow to reboot the phone! Do you know when they will have a fix for that?

Johnny-5

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Tried out the dragon. I guess I can use that for now but was really hoping for something that was full voice command. Im begining to think they dont have anything like that. I have a friend with a droid and its pretty cool how he can state "Text Jeff" "When are we meeting?" and it pulls his name and enters in all the text and you just got to hit send. Im looking for something like that. I believe Siri does that.

Mentioning Siri I read somewhere that they figured out how to put that on older iPhone 4 jailbreak. Is that true?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, there isn't a great solution for iPhone...you might also look at VLingo:

Glad you're enjoying the jailbreak...still waiting on word for the untethered. In the meantime just don't install anything from Cydia unless you're near your computer (although most packages won't require a reboot). Better safe than sorry.

Johnny-5

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, there isn't a great solution for iPhone...you might also look at VLingo:

Glad you're enjoying the jailbreak...still waiting on word for the untethered. In the meantime just don't install anything from Cydia unless you're near your computer (although most packages won't require a reboot). Better safe than sorry.

Yup I was looking for something like that! Vlingo is perfect! I had this for my blackberry a few years back couldnt remember the name of it. You the man!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2