Whats the deal, why wont it work???? HELP!!!!

wamadden4

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to use redsn0w 0.9.9b6 with iOS 5 and a Verizon iPhone 4 of course. The baseband is 3.0.03 and whenever i try to jailbreak it on my macbook, it ALWAYS freezes on the "waiting for reboot" stage. I try to put it in DFU mode and the screen just goes to a backlit black... i have the latest version of iTunes and everything... what am I doing wrong??????

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
When you ran it the first time did it complete to where it said "Prepairing Jailbreak data"? Are you doing it from work? I had a problem doing mine from work and I think that it was caused by the firewall. I did it at home and boom 2 minutes and it was done. If you're doing it from home then maybe you downloaded a crap copy go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials go to Tutorials, iPhone, Jailbreak and download the version there. Then try again

wamadden4

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Tried it... didnt work... iTunes said that the BB.ispw was not compatible.... i guess i will just have to wait for untethered... its probably better anyways...

Snownation

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
What are you trying to achieve? You said you have trouble booting the phone, yet you mention iTunes, which has nothing to do with your JB via redsn0w.

Do you mean after your JB, it won't boot? What happens? Is it stuck forever on the boot logo?

These are the steps to JB on iOS 5.0.

Upgrade/restore to iOS 5.0.
JB using latest redsn0w.
After your phone reboots, do a tethered boot to fix the white Cydia icon.

Should be done.

Tell us where you are having problems, which step?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Tried it... didnt work... iTunes said that the BB.ispw was not compatible.... i guess i will just have to wait for untethered... its probably better anyways...

What are you doing with the BB.ipsw? Are you trying to preserve your baseband for some reason? If you're on an official carrier you don't really need to do that--sounds like maybe you're making it more complicated than it needs to be.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner