LockInfo: Now with SBSettings!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Just updated my LockInfo beta, and it now comes with an integrated SBSettings panel and supports ALL Notification Center widgets (Weather, Stocks, etc). Truly awesome. Once again: David Ashman is just one of the best iOS devs out there. This officially just replaced the default Notification Center for me, I think.

q09wL.jpg

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
cool, 2 questions

1) does infoshade conflict with the NC? (Lockscreen & Homescreen)

2) don't you think Ashman will need to step up his game with IntelliScreenX on the horizon?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
1) You can use Activator to choose which one shows where. Until five minutes ago, I only used InfoShade on the lockscreen. But you can choose either for lockscreen, homescreen, and in-application.

2) I think he is already starting to with stuff like this, but I'm not sure if the full blown IntelliScreenX thing is really up his alley at any rate. My gut feeling is that LockInfo will remain more about reacting to incoming information, whereas something like IntelliScreenX adds more options for creating content (writing mail, tweets, etc.). It's impressive, but most of the "wow" factor stuff in IntelliScreenX are things that I think I'd prefer doing in a full-blown app anyway--Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Partly too it's just that I'm so used to LockInfo and am consistently impressed with the updates and support, whereas I haven't had great experiences with Intelliborn products. But mostly I think I'll stick with LockInfo because it doesn't try to do everything--it does more than enough for what I need, doesn't kill my battery, doesn't crash, etc. Just a personal preference--though I'm sure I'll give IntelliScreenX a whirl when it comes out...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
yeah, oddly enough i'd be happy with a tweak that would allow the NC to be activated while in LS mode..

but i'm a sucker for new and cool stuff!