Must have Apps: What I miss most about not being jailbroken

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Since I'm currently on a 4s that is not Jailbroken, I've decided to compile a list of apps/tweaks that I miss the most. These are all "must have" apps for me, and I plan on adding them immediately when a JB for the 4s comes out.

In no particular order:

BiteSMS: I really miss the ability to text and reply without unlocking my phone or leaving the current app.

ManualCorrectPro: This app basically let me edit the dictionary. I would could add commonly used words to the dictionary, this made texting/typing much easier. No longer an option.

SBSettings: I often adjusted the brightness given the lighting around me, or toggled the 3G, E, and wifi depending on battery life.

RunningList: Showed a list of all running apps in my spotlight. It was nice to see what apps were running, what I needed to close, what I left open, etc.

SpeedIntensifier: Just made the phone run faster.

Reactions: count123

count123

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Funny you posted this because I have one question about jail break that I hope the answer to is yes. Is there an app that will allow me to swype once jail broken? Please say there is. There are a few things that I wish were different about this phone, but the most annoying is the lack of being able to type in landscape mode in most applications. In which case swype would make this phone as close to perfect that I need it to be.

Those apps you mentioned all seem very useful and worth having. Wasn't planning on fooling around with jailbreak (had enough tinkering with android phones) but idk it might happen specially if I can swype.

Count

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Funny you posted this because I have one question about jail break that I hope the answer to is yes. Is there an app that will allow me to swype once jail broken? Please say there is. There are a few things that I wish were different about this phone, but the most annoying is the lack of being able to type in landscape mode in most applications. In which case swype would make this phone as close to perfect that I need it to be.

Those apps you mentioned all seem very useful and worth having. Wasn't planning on fooling around with jailbreak (had enough tinkering with android phones) but idk it might happen specially if I can swype.

Count

There is an app for swype. I forget what it's called, but search the forum, I've seen a few threads about it.