Need help lost everything during backup

johnjohnballer

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I was backing up my iPhone 3gs and about to restore to my new iPhone 4s. During the long backup process of my 3gs it got unplugged from my computer and is now stuck in recovery mode with the iTunes logo and USB sign. It did however create a partial backup onto iTunes. I tried to restore my new iPhone 4s from that backup but only about half of my apps and pictures and songs were in the backup. Is there a way to back it up from a previous backup version, like from a file? Or how do I get my old iPhone 3gs out of recovery mode without completely restoring it?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Your 3Gs may be cooked. I heard one genius in the Apple store tell someone with an iPhone 4 they fried it by unplugging it while it was doing an update. I don't see why it would matter during a backup but just saying it might be. You've tried to reboot? hold the power and home button until it turns off and then power it back on. Are you using Windows or a Mac?

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Okay, wait. You said your phone got unplugged while it was backing up? If you were backing up in iTunes (which I assume you were), the backup would have just stopped if the plug was unplugged. Then you just start it again. I'm confused.

johnjohnballer

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I did try to reboot but it still has the logo to plug it back into iTunes. When I do plug my 3Gs into iTunes the only thing I get is a message telling me to completely restore it, I'm assuming I'll loose everything that was ever on there. Wondering if there was a way around that. and I am using Windows 7.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox