Best way to backup multiple apps prior to upgrade to IOS5

aadvarkdavid

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a jailbroken/unlocked Iphone 4G 4.3.3 onto which I have a load of apps installed.
Some paid for from the App store ( 3 accounts ) , some from Cydia and http://forums.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlock-forum/170329-policy-piracy-discussions.html
I am awaiting the untethered Jailbreak to OS5 prior to performing this upgrade.
What is the best way to back up my Iphone , as and when the untethered jailbreak to IOS5 is finally released ?
I'm not concerned by mail/contacts/calendars etc as they are synced with Google.
But what about the other apps?
Will I need to re-download and re-install all of them after the Jailbreak ??
I think I read somewhere about an app which you can use to make a backup of all apps but not sure how best to proceed.
Thx,
AAD

Last edited by a moderator:

Pocobear

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
PkgBackUp from the Cydia store works fine. Backs up all your Cydia apps and can bkup all your Apple apps as well, not recommended though, use Apple restore for Apple apps, and your associated app data, to DropBox or your contacts folder, DropBox is the best way. Keep in mind that many Apple and Cydia apps aren't compatible with iOS5 yet. Check this list for Cydia apps,

iModZone News ? Jailbreak Tweaks iOS 5

and check with Apple for their apps incompatibility . PkgBackUp is $7.99 in the Cydia store, and worth it. Use it all the time. Another note, if you get errors when restoring with PkgBackUp, keep running it again until you stop getting less errors each time. Some remaining errors may be because of incompatibilities, or just need to be done manually. Hey, nothings perfect.:)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a jailbroken/unlocked Iphone 4G 4.3.3 onto which I have a load of apps installed.
Some paid for from the App store ( 3 accounts ) , some from Cydia and http://forums.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlock-forum/170329-policy-piracy-discussions.html
I am awaiting the untethered Jailbreak to OS5 prior to performing this upgrade.
What is the best way to back up my Iphone , as and when the untethered jailbreak to IOS5 is finally released ?
I'm not concerned by mail/contacts/calendars etc as they are synced with Google.
But what about the other apps?
Will I need to re-download and re-install all of them after the Jailbreak ??
I think I read somewhere about an app which you can use to make a backup of all apps but not sure how best to proceed.
Thx,
AAD

I've got a better answer for you. It's called "pencil & paper". WRITE THEM ALL DOWN! After you jailbreak, put them back on the phone, one at a time. It's the safest & best way. It may take more time, but you won't have any problems.:)

aadvarkdavid

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Paper and Pencil 'eh That's a really clever way of doing it - can't think why I never thought of it.
:)
I think it is clear in my question, that my enquiry for help, related to a quicker way of doing it than a re-install of each app.
Also, the Cydia suggestion of PkgBkup doesn't back up stuff I shouldn't have.
AAD

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2