Jailbroken 3GS upgraded to IOS 5, now no service / no SIM
I have an iPhone 3GS that was previously running 4.3.x (can't remember which iteration) and jailbroken and unlocked with the iPad Baseband 06.15.00. Last night, I upgraded to iOS 5 through iTunes and now, after the phone has completed the upgrade and booted up, it isn't able to activate. When activating (I connected wifi) it times out while attempting to connect to the Apple server, and suggests I either try again or activate through iTunes. When I connect it back to iTunes, iTunes reports that there is no SIM installed. There definitely is and it was working fine prior to the upgrade. It was originally purchased as an O2 locked phone and it still has an O2 SIM in it so even if it became locked again in the update, I would have thought it would still work with that SIM?
Any suggestions on what has gone wrong or how I could fix it? I've tried googling various search strings but as far as I can tell, nobody seems to have reported this problem under iOS 5 yet. Previous versions, yes, but I'm not sure if those situations applies to mine.
- 10-14-2011, 04:01 AM #2
- 10-14-2011, 04:13 AM #3
I had the exact same problem as you. Took me about 12 hrs to solve this.
This is what i did.
1. Connected the phone to my mac and launched iTunes.
2. Removed the sim-card from the phone.
3. Put the phone in DFU mode to do a recovery with iTunes.
4. When itunes was done and the phone had booted I started redsn0w (Using version: 0.9.9b5).
5. Put the phone back in DFU-mode so i can jailbreak it.
6. When I got to the select options in redsn0w, I selected "Install Cyda", "Install ipad baseband" and "de-activate phone"
7. Waited for it to finish, and after it booted up I got the message "No sim card inserted". I then inserted my sim-card
8. Continued with the ios 5 setup on the phone and had no issue activating it nor did I get "no service"-message after setup was done.
This did the trick for me so I could activate my phone and use it agian. Hopefully this works for you too.Thanked by:
+ Show/Hide list of the thanked
- 10-14-2011, 12:24 PM #4
- 10-14-2011, 12:50 PM #5
- 10-14-2011, 01:00 PM #6
- 10-14-2011, 01:02 PM #7
- 10-14-2011, 01:15 PM #8
Maybe someone else could answer that for us?
- 10-14-2011, 02:06 PM #9
- 10-14-2011, 02:14 PM #10
- 10-15-2011, 03:54 PM #11
- 10-15-2011, 04:09 PM #12
- 10-16-2011, 07:07 AM #13
- 10-16-2011, 09:19 AM #14
- 10-16-2011, 10:40 AM #15
- 10-16-2011, 10:47 AM #16
- 10-16-2011, 10:58 AM #17
- 10-16-2011, 01:11 PM #18
- 10-16-2011, 01:14 PM #19
- 10-17-2011, 02:20 AM #20
- 10-17-2011, 09:06 AM #21
- 10-17-2011, 12:24 PM #22
- 10-17-2011, 12:29 PM #23
- 10-18-2011, 09:28 AM #24
- 10-18-2011, 12:04 PM #25