Not Sure...Advice Please

ajm91484

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I currently have the Samsung Galaxy S II and was waiting to see if a new Iphone was going to be released because at home I am totally apple except for my phone, i've never had an iphone before. After reading about the Iphone4s i'm beginning to be curious and thinking of switching. I was kind of reading about Jailbreaking and maybe i'm in the wrong area but what exactly can you do when you jailbreak your phone? Are you able to do themes? Can you set up notification lights? I love my current phone with the ability to customize but would like to know if jailbreaking my iphone would give me the dare I say "freedom" to do the things I mentioned and then some? Also would on comparing the two phones which would be better?
Sorry so lengthy just have some questions and curiosity

Thanks

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can do themes, no you can't do notification lights (would require a hardware change)

There are tweaks that allow you to, for example, place an icon wherever you want, or have more than 4 on the dock row, or have more than 12 in a folder.

There's a lot you can do that really Apple should have put into an OS update. I'm waiting for the time when I don't have to jailbreak to get the phone looking the way I want (especially for the time when I don't need Winterboard anymore), but until that happens I'm perfectly happy with my jailbreak.

I have no experience with the Samsung (don't even know what type of phone it is), so I can't offer advice on that aspect of your post.

ajm91484

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your advice and that's pretty cool what you would be able to do with tweaks. I really like the display on both phones actually. Also I was just thinking, do iphones have applications that will run constantly and use up your data while you're not aware? I wasn't aware of this and i thougth I had quit applications on the droid but come to find out they were still running. I'm going down to the store today so I may be putting myself on the pre-order list.
Thanks again

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
The only data items (from the app store, that is, not sure about Cydia apps) that use data in the background would be push email, and that's minimal. Most apps pause in the background and use no data to my knowledge.

Reactions: ajm91484

ajm91484

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I am VERY happy to read that because I feel i would be using way too much data and not realizing it if i were to be with the droid. Apple here i come :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711