Help with unlocking 2G

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, I have 3.1.3 on the old 2G. I have jailbroken it and used Cydia to download Bootneuter and have it set to be unlocked but when I try a different ATT sim card, all I get is the connect to itunes message. Putting a tmobile sim in just shows searching in the signal bar area.

Any ideas??

rjkolo

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
OK, I have 3.1.3 on the old 2G. I have jailbroken it and used Cydia to download Bootneuter and have it set to be unlocked but when I try a different ATT sim card, all I get is the connect to itunes message. Putting a tmobile sim in just shows searching in the signal bar area.

Any ideas??

Best bet it to check out Youtube. Anytime I want to do something I always check there, usually some one has done it before me and is happy to share a video.

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have watched several videos. According to them, I must be unlocked as I have Bootneuter downloaded and set as all videos show. But when I slide any other ATT sim card in, it just goes to the iTunes/emergency call thing. If I stick a T Mobile sim in it just shows searching...

What am I doing wrong? The phone was updated to 3.1.3 last year and jailbroken with Blacksn0w or Blackra1n, I forget which.... Cydia is on there and that is where I got Bootneuter 2.1 from.

Help!

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

Any ideas??

I just wanted to throw an idea out at you since your on a 2007 Iphone. With the Iphone4S coming out you can get a free Iphone3GS under contract with at&t. The iphone3GS is lightning fast compared to the 3G let alone the 2G. Plus 3GS will be getting ios5. Just an idea for you bud. That 2G phone is just not a decent phone anymore but maybe to text and call out only. Once a iphone reaches 400 full battery cycles battery life drops to 80% capacity. That 4 year old iphone has to have battery issues.

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to throw an idea out at you since your on a 2007 Iphone. With the Iphone4S coming out you can get a free Iphone3GS under contract with at&t. The iphone3GS is lightning fast compared to the 3G let alone the 2G. Plus 3GS will be getting ios5. Just an idea for you bud. That 2G phone is just not a decent phone anymore but maybe to text and call out only. Once a iphone reaches 400 full battery cycles battery life drops to 80% capacity. That 4 year old iphone has to have battery issues.

I appreciate what you are saying, but I am actually on Verizon currently using the HTC Droid Incredible. I have no desire to leave Verizon. I was given the old iPhone a few years ago and have been using as Ipod. I wanted to experiment with something and It is bugging me that I cannot get the unlock to work. Actually, the battery life is still awesome.

I really need to get this unlock to work.

ovidiu1305

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Restore a fresh firmware then jailbreak and unlock from pc with redsn0w 0.9.4 and bl-36 and bl-46, this shouold work.Please let me know if it worked, if not I can do it for you online, just send me a Pm

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I finally got it. I did a restore thru itunes, then jailbroke it with redsnow and then downloaded bootnueter. Works fine. Thanks for the tips and info!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll