Upgrading to iOS 5 without a backup

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Have jailbroken my iPhone 4.3.3 forgetting to create a backup in iTunes first... Is it still possible for me to upgrade to iOS5??? :(

Sync your phone with Itunes. This creates a backup. Than you have a backup and you can upgrade to ios5 anytime. The ios5 GM (which is the public release that hasn't been released to the public yet) is clean and you can go ahead and install it.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
With or without a backup...you can upgrade to iOS 5. You will, however, lose your jailbreak when you do so.

ryshhhh

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to this. When you say lose my jailbreak, does that include all the tweaks and apps currently on it? Or does it mean I can't tweak and install any more?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to this. When you say lose my jailbreak, does that include all the tweaks and apps currently on it? Or does it mean I can't tweak and install any more?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

You lose them. Upgrading to iOS 5 will put you back on TeamPure.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There is a tethered jailbreak for IOS5. If you still want to jailbreak.

Yes there is a tethered jailbreak for iOS 5. But if you do the upgrade, you will end up on TeamPure and then have to re-JB again.

I expect an untethered jailbreak relatively soon. There are reports of at least 4-5 exploits that can be used... and the JB developers have already cracked the mystery of the A5 processor with the iPad 2 jailbreak.

If jailbreaking is your thing, help is on the way.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR