My jailbroken iphone is lagging, thinking about restoring and re-jailbreaking...

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
All your paid apps will be stored in your Cydia account which you log in with either Facebook or Google.

As far as restore & re-jailbreak goes, I'd start off by uninstalling apps first to see if that is your issue. Obviously start with the newly installed first. Also doing a reboot (holding down both the power & home button until you see the Apple logo) might help kill any tasks stuck running in the background.

iRandom

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Uninstall mobilesubstrate from Cydia. That will remove all of the currently installed tweaks. Then reinstall one tweak at a time to see which was causing the lag.

kazmi

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the exact same problem and I thought I didn't have that many tweaks installed! Forgive me if this sounds too noobish but where can I go and check which tweaks are installed? I definitely need to do something since I'm experiencing lag - I click on an app, the background opens but the actual app data shows after 10-15 seconds - this happens in EVERY app I use and honestly, the main reason for me going to the ip4 was the speed....help please!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
To see what you have installed, just open Cydia and go to Manage>Packages for a full list. But what is described above is a little different: if you have SBSettings, open that and go to the More section, then to Mobile Substrate AddOns. There you can disable some tweaks one by one to see if you can isolate the cause. (Generally speaking, these sorts of problems are related to Mobile Substrate tweaks.)

One word of caution: if you are able to isolate the issue, make sure you reenable the tweak in Mobile Substrate before you go to Cydia to uninstall it.

kazmi

May 13, 2011
Visit site
^^thanks, that's a lot of help! I see quite a few there which I don't know the function of....would you know what 'sandstone' or 'sandstoneclient' does? I really want this lag to go away - I ended up missing a phone call because it came in with an email and the phone lagged horribly - couldn't get to either. Is this normal?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Haven't heard of that, sorry. Maybe related to this, which ties in to Safari Download Manager and YourTube? Do you use either of those?

At this point, though, knowing what everything does is secondary...for now just focus on going through them one by one--turn it off, see if it helps; if not, turn it back on and go to the next one, repeat--until you find the one causing the issue. Then you'll be able to figure out what to uninstall.

One other thing that might make it easier: if you can, give us some screenshots of your Cydia packages list; we might be able to pinpoint an app or tweak with a known issue for you.

kazmi

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Haven't heard of that, sorry. Maybe related to this, which ties in to Safari Download Manager and YourTube? Do you use either of those?

At this point, though, knowing what everything does is secondary...for now just focus on going through them one by one--turn it off, see if it helps; if not, turn it back on and go to the next one, repeat--until you find the one causing the issue. Then you'll be able to figure out what to uninstall.

One other thing that might make it easier: if you can, give us some screenshots of your Cydia packages list; we might be able to pinpoint an app or tweak with a known issue for you.

Thanks so much for your help! I will get some screenshots up....

kazmi

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Here you go. I honestly have no clue what some of these do or why they are even there in the first place...

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth, I deleted MobileNotifier, and my phone is functioning much faster, but still lags occasionally (like every time I try to open the camera app). Search for tweaks that do the same thing. For example, I had multiple tweaks controlling the status bar clock (one was lockinfo, I don't recall the others). Anyways, I deleted the ones I didn't need and it worked.

So, try to "consolidate" your tweaks (for lack of better term). Where ever possible, try to have one tweak doing 3 things instead of 3 tweaks doing things. Same goes for WinterBoard Themes.

Hope this helps.

kazmi

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I really haven't installed all of these on my own...I do remember it asking me initially for a 'pack' and I think that's where all these came from. Some I use on a regular basis and without which I would not be able to use the iP4 for work...for instance mobile notifier, I do need to have my work email notifications...so can't really not use that...

Are there others on there that I could delete? Would any of you review the screen shots and kindly advise which are the ones I can get rid of? Many thanks in advance.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Here you go. I honestly have no clue what some of these do or why they are even there in the first place...

Ha I don't know what most of those do either. I know a lot of packages install other things behind the scenes in order to work. It's going to be a hassle, but remove things one by one, respring, and see if anything changes.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
1 thing that made my phone on IOS5 lag horrible a few days ago was I was using my phone to tether through MyWi and I started deleting cydia tweaks and no luck. Was thinking like you and doing a full restore but than I deleted Safari clear history and clear cookies and Data and than phone was lightning fast again. I've barely used Safari itself. So try that. I see you have tethering on your phone. Activator I don't think is ready for IOS5. Some say Mobile Substrate is having issues. I have it installed and not really using it for anything and I'm not having problems. Hope this helps

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Anybody jailbroken needs to download FakeClockUp. Even on ios5. It won't show up anywhere but in Cydia packages but its speeded up animations to make closing and opening apps so fast. Its a jailbroken must right now.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'd give intellishared a hard look. Google around to see if others have issues...And flux is still pretty new; it could have issues.

kazmi

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I have had the issue way before I installed flux....it's to the point where even a reboot doesn't help speed up the phone anymore...I think I'm going to wait and install iOS5 if/when it gets a jailbreak..

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If you do decide to try streamlining what you have installed, make sure you do it from the Simple screen and not the Expert screen (which is what you have in your screenshots). The Simple screen will show you what YOU installed...by deleting from that screen you won't be getting rid of important files that you might need to run Cydia itself.

Places to start looking might include those Intelliborn files, and maybe some of that insanelyi stuff (not sure what you have installed from there, but if it's FakeClockUp you can get it from the original blog here: http://hitoriblog.com/apt/ )

You could also streamline by getting rid of MobileNotifier and just using Lockinfo instead--you can still get status bar notifications and read your email right on the lockscreen or in Infoshade anywhere on your device.

kazmi

May 13, 2011
Visit site
^^ thank you so much for all your help....just for kicks, I went into safe mode and there was absolutely no lag....wow, what a world of difference!!! I'm seriously contemplating going back to stock but I need to be able to have a few features which I cannot find without being jailbroken. One is the ability to have multiple email signatures for multiple email accounts and within the mail app. Second is the ability to have the phone silent for all notifications except for calls....I can live without everything else. Any idea if I can accomplish the above 2 on a stock ip4?

If not, I will try to start streamlining....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods