PDANet? Hiding usage

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone been able to confirm if AT&T can see if your tethering via PDANet with their hide usage feature? I need to tether when at work for limited time. I know mywi can be detected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
There is no way for anyone to confirm what AT&T sees on their end unless there is a AT&T employee on this board. However, I can tell you that I mostly used PdaNet to tether my iPhone 4 with my iPad's. Highest I used was about 4GB. I never received a text or otherwise from then. Although, I also used MYWi a lot and heard anything either.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
If this is too OT please delete BUT I can not get PDANet to work with my iPad1 or my wife's iPad2? It works just fine with my iMac and both MacBooks but not iPads! Weird! I don't use PDANet much. Maybe once or twice a year but it is handy when I need it.

Any ideas?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If this is too OT please delete BUT I can not get PDANet to work with my iPad1 or my wife's iPad2? It works just fine with my iMac and both MacBooks but not iPads! Weird! I don't use PDANet much. Maybe once or twice a year but it is handy when I need it.

Any ideas?

I wish I could trouble shoot this for you, but I am not currently JB at the moment. I never had any issues connecting with either one of my iPads, though. I did however, have a problem using PdaNet with the Galaxy S tablet that I had for a short period of time. For that, MyWi was definitely better.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I just got a text last week from AT&T about tethering and I was using PDANet. Guess it doesn't fool AT&T at all.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have much usage. I used pdanet over the weekend to tether my iPad to a few times and got a text Monday morning.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Dumb question :roll eyes but did you have the "Hide Usage" button pushed on? Dumb question I know but I had to ask.

Rebel792

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I have verizon, and have been using PDAnet for almost 2 years. last month i used around 23 Gb, and have yet to have any issues. So as far as I can tell verizon has no clue im bypassing their stupid fees.