Jailbreak iPhone 4 4.3.3 04.10.01 Problems

bashy1

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am sorry to post a new thread but after hours searching online I cannot find the answer. Now I am new to this jailbreaking but I spent hours researching it. I learned (correct me if I'm wrong) that:

04.10.01 cannot be unlocked so I need to preserve the baseband and just jailbreak the phone. This is fine as I do not need to unlock it.

My phone was already on 4.3.3 but I still need to download the 4.3.3 ipws file to complete the jail break.

I also downloaded tiny umbrella to save the shsh blob, which I saved.

Now I used sn0wbreese 2.7.3 and followed a tutorial. Everything went fine until I had to reboot with iTunes ( 10.4.1.10) and I got the error 3194. So googled how to fix this and tried
Un-checking the relevant boxes in TU, rebooting the computer and it wouldn't work. So I googled how to take the phone out of recovery mode and pressed the power and home buttons until I got my phone back.

So now I don't know where my phone is at, I am in Ireland at the minute and my phone is on a U.K. carrier. It will not connect to a network but I don't know if that is because I am roaming. I don't know how to go about starting to jailbreak again, or should I leave it? On TU it says I have 4.3.5 saved and I have no idea why??
But on my phone it still has 4.3.3 and 04.10.01. So sorry for the long winded post,
Can anyone help?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If you're on 4.3.3 just use redsn0w.
TU saved 4.3.5 because that's what Apple is signing right now.
You don't want to use iTunes for this jailbreak.
For the future: if you don't need an unlock, you don't need to preserve your baseband.

Reactions: bashy1

bashy1

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Ah thank you very much. I mistakenly thought that if I didn't want it unlocked I needed to preserve the baseband as I read stories of people jailbreaking and it changing the baseband rendering the phone unusable.
So, sorry for my unfamiliarity but how would I go about JB'ing without iTunes? As the method in the tutorial only used iTunes?
Thank you very much.

Also, seeing as I just exited DFU mode after I had ran sn0wbreeze is it ok just to start again? or has my actions altered my iPhone in anyway?

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, there are different schools of jailbreaking?tools like Sn0wbreeze load an already jailbroken firmware via iTunes, while tools like Redsn0w jailbreak the firmware that's already on the phone?you don't reload the ipsw with these as the jb takes place on the phone.

I'm not clear if you're jb'ed or not right now. Do you have Cydia on the phone? If not then your first try probably didn't go through. If that's the case I'd go ahead and give redsn0w a try. There are plenty of directions available via Google and once you start it it will walk you through the process. Good luck!

(Regarding your reception issue: likely roaming is turned off in Settings.)

bashy1

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, there are different schools of jailbreaking?tools like Sn0wbreeze load an already jailbroken firmware via iTunes, while tools like Redsn0w jailbreak the firmware that's already on the phone?you don't reload the ipsw with these as the jb takes place on the phone.

I'm not clear if you're jb'ed or not right now. Do you have Cydia on the phone? If not then your first try probably didn't go through. If that's the case I'd go ahead and give redsn0w a try. There are plenty of directions available via Google and once you start it it will walk you through the process. Good luck!

(Regarding your reception issue: likely roaming is turned off in Settings.)

Thank you for your reply. Cydia is not on my phone so it probably didn't go through. I took the roaming settings off but I am visiting my parents who live in the middle of the country and possibly that is the reason I am not getting signal. thank you kindly for your response, it is much appreciated and ill let you know how I get on.

Also I didn't want to use jailbreakme.com because I read it was released before it was ready and is not as stable as other jailbreaks, not sure if its true but didn't want to chance it.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
There were a few bugs at first, but I think you'd be fine to use jbMe now. Totally slipped my mind since I'd already jb'ed my 4.3.3 before it was released. Go for it!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2