iPhone still use iPhone internet contract after jailbreak?

Roozle

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Sorry if this has already been covered.

I recently went back to using my iPhone 3g but my contract doesn't have the iphone internet add on package anymore, if I Jailbreak my iphone does it still use the iPhone internet or will it work with any internet add on pack. Basically I was just wondering if the Jailbreak still makes it work as an "iPhone" or it changes the OS to act like any standard phone just in an iPhone shell?

Thanks

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
A jailbreak doesn't change the package that your provider assigns you. If you start using an iPhone and don't have the plan for it, they will know and they will change your plan to add the iPhone internet.

That is, if you use it on 3G. If you are always on wifi, I'm not sure if that would be the case.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If you are using an AT&T SIM card they will be sending you a text shortly letting you know that your SIM card was detected in a smartphone and that an appropriate iPhone data plan will be added to your account.

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Your device id will be recognized as a smartphone (iPhone) and you have data as soon as you activated it. Impossible to avoid this even if it is jailbroken.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods