Jailbreaking question...

djevolushun

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I just traded some random guy my MT4G for his iPhone 3GS. The question I have for you is he had it jailbroken already and I have made a bunch of mods but cannot access iTunes for my music. I understand that when I restore the phone, I will lose jailbreak and since I did not do this (nor am I very knowledgeable on how) I am learning all I can. What info can I find for you all to figure out how I need to go about getting my music and getting everything set back up the way it is now. Here is what I do know:

Running Version 4.3.3
Winterboard
Cydia
Installous

I do not know what it has been jailbroken with but I am willing to learn.

jeffrey1027

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't restore because you will lose your untethered jailbreak. Just ignore the message and sync with your iTunes library

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
So, because it has to restore it, I wont lose anything? It tells me that my iPhone has been synced with another iTunes library.

The only reason that I can think of for you getting this message is if you are trying to sync your iPhone to another computer.

djevolushun

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you didn't read my original post or maybe I wasn't clear enough. This phone was NOT wiped when I got it. I have not wiped it and it has never been synced on my PC except for pictures which went over fine. Adding music gave me the warning. It has never been synced on my PC.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I got the iPhone from another guy. We traded. He had his own PC.

Were the things on your iPhone purchased under his iTunes account or yours? If it was under his, I don't believe you can transfer these items to your computer as you didn't purchase them. If you did purchase them, all you need to do is authorize your computer to sync your iPhone to it.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you didn't read my original post or maybe I wasn't clear enough. This phone was NOT wiped when I got it. I have not wiped it and it has never been synced on my PC except for pictures which went over fine. Adding music gave me the warning. It has never been synced on my PC.

Pictures are non purchased item, so they will always transfer to any computer without a problem. It's the purchased items that become the issue. See my posted questions above.

djevolushun

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I know I am new to all of this but seriously??? You are asking me questions that have nothing to do with my question. I know you may be an expert here by your post count but please use some common sense and read my original post. I just want to get my music onto my iPhone. I deleted his iTunes account and entered my own. I have music on my PC that was not purchased on iTunes. There is nothing on my iPhone now that was his except that jailbreaking. I added all the pictures and the other stuff on there indicated by "Other" in the picture. I have a full hard drive of music as I am a DJ and want to start getting those tunes on my iPhone. I'm sorry if I was a bit brash but I have typed in the same things like 5 times.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just click erase and sync and your song will move over to the iphone

Unless the songs were purchased under another iTunes account. Not saying this is the case, but the feedback from the OP makes me think that the content was already on the iPhone when he got it...

djevolushun

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Unless the songs were purchased under another iTunes account. Not saying this is the case, but the feedback from the OP makes me think that the content was already on the iPhone when he got it...

OK, I understand why you were asking those questions. My apologies. There was no music at all.

djevolushun

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, still waiting for the answer...LOL. And you are welcome. I am just a little frustrated. Is erasing and restoring completely different?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, still waiting for the answer...LOL. And you are welcome. I am just a little frustrated. Is erasing and restoring completely different?

No, erase and restore are two separate things. Set iTunes to manual sync and no, it wouldn't remove your jailbreak. Just don't hit restore, as this will wipe your iPhone and resets it to factory defaults as well as updates you iOS to the current version, 4.3.5. Sorry if I'm getting back to you late but I am trying to correct my kids homework and post at the same time, lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2