Theming Problems

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I can't get a theme with icons to work on my phone. I've tried about four different themes, moved them to the top of winterboard, but I can't get the themed icons to replace the stock icons. Any ideas on how to fix?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
A lot of themes are outdated in terms of file paths. Have you tried turning on Summerboard compatibility in Winterboard?

haxrnick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If you're on iOS 5 you'll have to manually edit the icons you want to change. I use iSpirit to get to the theme folder (private/var/stash/themes/your theme/bundles/com.apple.mobileicons.framework/). Once there you'll have to add ~iphone to the end of each icon. For example: AppIconMask@2x.png now needs to be AppIconMask@2x~iphone.png Do that for every icon in your framework folder. Once that's finished you'll notice that your phone and mail icon didn't change but just about everything else should have.

For your mail icon open your com.apple.mobilemail folder and capitalize the i in icon@2x.png so it should be Icon@2x.png. For your phone icon to change open your com.apple.mobilephone folder. Here you need to add the ~iphone at the end of the icon again. So it should look like this: icon@2x~iphone.png.

I usually do all this editing while the theme is still loaded on my phone. You won't notice any changes until you unselect the theme and respring then select the theme again and respring. After doing all that all of your icons should be themed. Hope this helps because it took me a while to figure it out and can understand how frustrating it can be.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey, it worked!

But I'm still missing some (a lot) icons. How can I add other icons to the package?

It will depend a lot on how the theme is structured and what iPhone/iOS version you're on. Some will be as complex as listed above, others as simple as putting the correctly named icon into the Icons folder of your theme (not the best way to theme, but it works sometimes).

Where did you get the theme? How was it installed? What theme is it?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2