6.15 baseband question

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Ok so everyone knows if you load the iPad baseband you lose your warranty because you can't restore stock firmware on the device. So here's the question, how do you lose your warranty? I understand that if they can tell the device is Jailbroken then the warranty is void but if you don't apply any tweaks and put the Cydia icon in a folder then how would they be able to tell? Unless they have something that reads the baseband on the device, it's not like they would go looking through the device to see what baseband it was running on. I'm just wondering:confused:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I would just restore in iTunes let it get stuck on apple logo then take it in there will get a restore error as well and prob won't look at it further

jeffrey1027

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Restore in iTunes to stock iOS and bring to Apple store if you still have refund. If you dont restore and they SEE that you have cydia etc.. you're warranty will be voided. They do not care about your baseband.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Restore in iTunes to stock iOS and bring to Apple store if you still have refund. If you dont restore and they SEE that you have cydia etc.. you're warranty will be voided. They do not care about your baseband.

You can not restore to stock os if your have the iPad baseband loaded

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73