Transfer jailbroken iPod Touch 4G's data to pure (not-jailbroken) iPhone 4

App13s33d

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I have a jailbroken iPod Touch 4G (8GB) where all my info is stored. I also have a brand new factory-setting iPhone 4 (16GB). I was wondering, I wanted to transfer all of my iPod's info&apps onto my iPhone BUT LEAVE MY JAILBREAK BEHIND. I do NOT want my iPhone jailbroken, but I do want the info. I have heavily tweaked and themed the iPod, so I do not know if this is still possible. I need to do this ASAP so the quicker the post, the greater appreciated.

-D

App13s33d

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Dude, I don't need the jailbreak apps/tweaks/etc. I just need the info/apps/apps data. I dont need Cydia/everything else jailbreak related on the new phone.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I would say transfer it over but u can't obviously maybe JB the new phone transfer the info and undo the Jb with a restore but not sure if the back up file will keep the info you want

greasemuntney

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Just hook you iphone to iTunes and sync set up. Then you can add all your contacts that are saved with iTunes and outlook and send them to your phone and all non JB apps can be sync to your phone also. The only thing left would be photos just hook ipod up and copy all photos from pop up asking and then they can be sync to your i4. Only things you will be missing is your JB apps and tweaks.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Yes you can apply your iTunes backup to your new iPhone and restore all your settings. It doesn't matter if your device was/is jailbroken -- they are separate and do not conflict.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Oh, so everything will be the same on the i4 except the jailbreak tweaks/hacks/Cydia?

Well yes... everything that is included in an iTunes backup. But you will need to sync your apps, music and non-camera roll photos again... those aren't included in the backup file. Basically all your settings and your camera roll will transfer over...