- 08-25-2011, 07:58 AM #2
First you will need:
iOS 4.3.3 For your device
Step 1: Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc , and replace "HOST" file with the one in "Restore Files" folder
Step 2: Open redsn0w and jailbreak your device, Here is a video tutorial, but point to iOS 4.3.3 instead of 4.3.4.
Step 3: Then the iPhone will stop on the recovery mode.
Step 4: Open Tinyumbrella (can be found in "Restore Files" folder above), then click on your iPhone name at the left then press on Start Tss Server.
Step 5: Open iTunes and restore your iPhone with iOS 4.3.3 firmware (Shift + Restore) then close it.
Step 6: You will find error 1013, at this time you have to use Fixrecovery (can be found in "Restore Files" folder above).
Step 7: Open iFaith (can be found in "Restore Files" folder above) and Save shsh file.
Step 8: Open sn0wbreeze (can be found in "Restore Files" folder above) to create custom iOS 4.3.3 firmware and restore with it. Done.
- 08-25-2011, 08:00 AM #3
I got it to work. I used a variation of those steps and it took several retries. Here's what I did:
1. Upgraded iTunes
2. Replaced with HOSTS file the provided HOSTS file above.
3. Downloaded 4.3.3 IPSW
4. Used redsn0w and selected the 4.3.3 IPSW. I left the default boxes selected.
5. After this ran, it apparently just jailbroke my phone with version 4.3.5.
6. Ran redsn0w again the exact same way and it ended up putting the phone into DFU rather than showing 4.3.5 again.
7. Loaded sn0wbreeze and made a custom 4.3.3 IPSW.
8. Loaded Tinyumbrella and turned on the TSS server.
9. Loaded iTunes and did a restore (phone still in DFU) with the new custom IPSW.
10. iTunes did not have a 1xxx error. However the phone went into recovery mode.
11. Put phone back into DFU mode and restored again with custom IPSW again and it worked!
I never needed to save the SHSH blob files.
from the geohot.us website.
- 08-26-2011, 11:37 AM #4