Afraid to try..........

Rocket_ron

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I am a new user and this is my first post, so let me start by saying hello to all of the members here.

I moved out of the USA about 20 months ago to a country in the south Pacific. Before I left the USA, I downloaded and used "Blackra1n" on my two iPhones 3G. So I am still using them in that 3.1.2 update and Blackra1n.

Somewhere along the line, I have lost the 2 SIM cards that I had for the ATT service in the US, and I can not find them anywhere. I do have SIM cards for 2 local services here that I use regularly

Is there any possible way to remove Blackra1n without having the ATT SIM cards? I am afraid to try for fear of "bricking" them, as I have seen so many times people saying that this has happened.

The reason that I would like to remove Blackra1n is so that I can update both phones to a later version in order to use some apps that will not work on 3.1.2. Of course then I would want to unlock them both again so I can continue to use them here.

Any reliable help would be seriously appreciated.

Thank you all.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You don't need them just update the software with snowbreeze so it don't change the baseband ... Snowbreeze with activate the phone so you won't need the att sim cards once your updated just use Cydia and install ultrasnow to unlock them so your current sims will work

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
As was mentioned above, as long as you don't change the baseband you'll still be able to unlock and use another carriers sim card.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
DON'T UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE!!! I have had every iPhone so far except for the 3Gs. So beleive me when I tell you that on an iPhone 3G 3.1.2 is the BEST firmware. It is stable, runs quickly and the others while they have additional features will slow your phone down soooooo much. So if you want my honest advice do not upgrade the firmware if it has been working and you love it keep it. The only thing you need to do is unlock the phone this will enable the phone to run with the SIMs you have and it's an older phone so most likely you wont have any problems. So go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials and look under tutorials, iPhone, Unlock and check to see if your baseband is unlockable and follow the simple steps to unlock it.

You could also use Pwnage Tool(Mac) or Sn0wbreeze(Windows) to redo a custom 3.1.2 firmware and reload your phone. When you're doing the steps make sure the software is in Expert mode and make sure the "Activate this phone" option is checked. This will allow your phone to work no matter which SIM is in it. These software will wipe your phone so before you begin make sure you do a sync and a backup. Once you're done go through the unlock steps again.

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
i have a factory unlocked iphone4 on 4.2.1 is there any way to upgrade it to 4.3.3 so that i can jailbreak it with jailbreakme.com?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
nope Apple has stopped signing 4.3.3 and if you're on 4.2.1 then you probably don't have SHSH blobs saved for 4.3.3. Why don't you just JB on 4.2.1? Go here iclairified.com and look at Tutorials, iPhone, Jailbreak then look for 4.2.1 do the JB then in Cydia look at the top and see which SHSH blobs you have saved. If you have 4.3.3 then you can download the ipsw file use Tiny Umbrella to point to the Cydia servers and then do the JB after.

Reactions: ckalli