SMS Notification Won't Go Away

anon(1217668)

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
I have one specific text message that won't clear its notification. I received it just as I would any other text, but it won't mark as read. I am on 4.3.3, jailbroken with jailbreakme, using biteSMS and Lockinfo (among other things), however even if I open the default Messages app it won't clear.

Lockinfo shows that certain text each time I bring it up, so that's how I can tell it's a specific message. I've killed all apps, including the mail and phone processes in SBSettings, freed memory and then did a hard reset, and it still won't clear.

I'd really like to not have to restore, especially since I just did earlier this week. I noticed biteSMS 5.5 has a fix to make it jailbreakme compatible, so I don't know if it's anything to do with that. Before I restored, jailbreak was done by redsn0w, so I don't know if that's part of the problem.

I can't exactly pin it to a jailbreak problem, so I posted it here in case it wasn't.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with LockInfo. I ended up removing SMS from the notification list for a while. When I finally added it back on the little icon was gone from the status bar.

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried simply rebooting the phone? I've had that happen a few times, and restarting the phone (soft reset) has always cleared it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I would say delete the message, clear the running apps in the task switcher not using SBSettings. Then remove the SMS notifications from LockInfo and do a reboot of your phone. Are there any updates in Cydia? Are there any updates in the Apple App Store? Once you've done the reboot and everything is up to date do a sync then enable the notifications in LockInfo and see what happens.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods